BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, while on holiday I hit a boulder. Mostly superficial damage; underside panels ripped, slight paintwork damage to sill and a fair amount of paint damage to underside of front bumper.

Took it to bmw as wanted an inspection just to make sure no severe damage as its a 330e. They have quoted almost 2.6k. I'd have no choice but to claim on my insurance. They also want to replace two suspension parts as they were grazed so they want to replace due to safety...

Would it be worth taking to an indy? My fear is that my insurance will be ridiculous when renewing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
How old are you? No claims bonus? How much do you currently pay?
Have you spoken to your insurance yet? They may want a say in who repairs it.
To br honest though, whether it costs £2600 or £1600 will make little to no difference to your renewal premium. The fact that you've made a claim and that there were no injuries is all the really matters.
In 2011 I crashed my E46. Another car involved and a whiplash claim. Including the third parties legal fees total cost was around £25000. My insurance went up by a couple of hundred quid and by 3 years later was back to where it was before. However my insurance was only about £400 to start with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 42,11 years no claims (protected) and currently pay £360 per year via BMW insurance.

Spoke to them after I got the quote from BMW dealership, just waiting for them to get back to me so can still pull out. All work is carried out by BMW which is why I'm just tempted to just get it done. Just seemed a bit steep to me.

Have never claimed and have no idea how it's going to impact my renewal.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Once they know you have had a bump for some reason your renewal will go up anyway.
No idea why but have seen many posts on forums saying the same.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm 42,11 years no claims (protected) and currently pay £360 per year via BMW insurance.

Spoke to them after I got the quote from BMW dealership, just waiting for them to get back to me so can still pull out. All work is carried out by BMW which is why I'm just tempted to just get it done. Just seemed a bit steep to me.

Have never claimed and have no idea how it's going to impact my renewal.
I really wouldn't worry too much about it. I doubt it will make a massive difference come renewal time and even if it goes up more than you expect just shop around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts