BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Can I fit a 204bhp manifold to a 184bhp 330D?

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  adamw9678 
#1 ·
Hi All

I'm new to this and have just got myself a 2001 330D touring. Will be looking to doing the swirl flap mod but before I do I wanted to find out if I could fit a 204bhp manifold to my 184? If I can I was thinking of buying a 204 manifold and doing the mod on that instead of the standard manifold.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#11 ·
Yes, but it's going to be tricky.
The main way is to remove the actuator rod that moves them all, this is usually done when de-flapping, and the vacuum solenoid that controls them is left as it is, avoiding it being spotted as disconnected.

You should be able to do a similar thing of disconnecting the vac pipe to the swirl flaps too, but I can't remember if the system is set as normally open or normally closed.

#13 ·
i take it you have checked to see if your model has swirlflaps as i thought it was only the autos on the early 330d that had these the manual box cars are not supposed to correct me if im wrong have swirlflaps maybe different on the touring models cant remember but there is something on web somewhere that told me my 2002 330d manual box version does not have the flaps fitted but autos do ?.

#18 ·
I had a little look this morning and found the pipe had come off the actuator. Popped it back on and I saw some movement in the gauge :hihi

When I took her for a drive it didn't feel good. still wasn't going like it should. if anything it felt worse :confused

Not sure where to go from here?? any idea's??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.