BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather today is going to be a fairly decent and I'd like to apply a couple of layers of the carnuba based wax, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, so, can I apply more than 1 layer of wax in a day?

TIA Guys :thumbsup

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
iv been detailing for about a year now and theres no reason why you cant, i usally do 2 light coats of wax, just concentrate on a panel at a time and dont put it on too thick, just a light layer will do

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply chasman, sounds like you know what I'll be doing today then :hihi:hihi:hihi.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol no worries, let me know how u get on with that wax mate
For me the Blue Velvet is brilliant mainly because I'm a lazy ar$e and it doesn't mark or stain the plastic if the wax gets on it. :D

If you PM me your address I'll cut some of the wax out of the tub and send it onto to you so you can try it out for yourself?

I'm pleased with the results :thumbsup

·
Registered
226 Posts
For me the Blue Velvet is brilliant mainly because I'm a lazy ar$e and it doesn't mark or stain the plastic if the wax gets on it. :D

If you PM me your address I'll cut some of the wax out of the tub and send it onto to you so you can try it out for yourself?

I'm pleased with the results :thumbsup

Looks great fella :thumbsup

I would stick some high gloss sealant after your wax application :thumbsup
Sealant first wax after Neal :D:thumbsup

·
Registered
226 Posts
Even this Neil? :confused

Yes mate sealants generally offer more prtection so always best to lay down the sealant before the wax especially with the winter months coming up. What will happen is the wax will wear of first and take the sealnt that you have layed on top with :thumbsup

Paint cleanse + sealant = wax :thumbsup

IIRC autoglyms system is super resin polish or ultra deep shine followed by EGP and then this can be topped with there new HD wax.

EGP is actually the same sealant that they put in there lifeshine kits that you see dealers caharging stupid amounts of for the application of ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dont you think the EGP is a bit powdery !! ?? Annoys the hell outta me !

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've got a question too if anyone can help (sorry for hijacking thread)...I wax my car every 5 weeks and just wondering if tat is sufficient enough or should I do it more often? How long does wax (Meguiare's carnuba wax) last before it washes away under typical conditions?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a question too if anyone can help (sorry for hijacking thread)...I wax my car every 5 weeks and just wondering if tat is sufficient enough or should I do it more often? How long does wax (Meguiare's carnuba wax) last before it washes away under typical conditions?
Depends what you call "typical conditions" and the type of shampoo you use as some will strip the wax coating but others are milder?

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys
i have stopped using this stuff as is a nightmare to use, i do a panel at a time but just dont get the results i do with turle wax ?

IIRC autoglyms system is super resin polish or ultra deep shine followed by EGP and then this can be topped with there new HD wax
Stopped using Dodo Juice Blue Velvet?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is this Sealant the same as Poorboys Black Hole you recommended in a post about "cleaning black cars"?

If its not the same stuff Neil can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for all the tips and positive comments guys. Much appreciated:D
Black hole is a paint cleanser with filling capabilties and preps the paint surface ready to be topped with a sealnt or a wax, or both sealant first then wax on top :thumbsup

Cant comment on Megs wax as I have never used it but every 5 weeks does sound to be a bit of overkill, but all waxes and sealants do last different lenghts of time. I generally judge durability by the fact that if no water beading is visable when it rains then this is sign that the protection is begining to fail and its time to top up :thumbsup

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I get chance this week I will be preping my van ready for the winter as it is well overdue and I will stick a post up for you to take a look at, still not decided what I'm going to go for this year.

But may go for EZ creme + 3 coats of Finishkare FK1000 topped of with a couple of coats of colly 476s, that should be a pretty bullet proof combo to get me through the winter months with regular washing.

But then again I might of changed my mind by then:hihi

1 - 20 of 24 Posts