BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forum and this is my first post so please be gentle.

I've just bought my first BMW, a second hand 67 plate 420i. I'm guessing the previous owner skipped the cabin air filter / pollen filter change as its a little musty. Was hoping somone could point me in the direction of its location and any tools I'll need so I can swap it out.

All the research I've done shows the replacements done on LHD cars where its under the "passenger" side of the dash. Does this mean its driver side on a RHD UK car?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah? Interesting, the videos I've seen, it's in the footwell inside the car. However. is it possible there are 2, and one in the engine compartment as well? Obviously the engine air filter is, but I'm looking for the cabin filter. I don't know if BMW have a specific name for them. It doesn't appear to be even mentioned in the Owner's Handbook? Do they no expect anyone to change them DIY style, or is this because it's too hard to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks StratTech. That looks like a really useful site for part numbers so I'll make a favourite of it. Though the diagram doesn't shed much light on access to the filter. Unless I'm missing something obvious.
Auto part Font Cylinder Engineering Composite material

·
Registered
63 Plate Bmw M135i Estoril Blue
179 Posts
It’s the same as the 1 series it’s in the passenger footwell take of the panel under the glove box with a 10mm socket then it unclips and drops down if you’ve got a 12v charger there don’t forget to unplug it. Then you’ll see a curved plastic but with 3 screws in take them out then the curved plastic should pull down. Then just simply pull the cabin filter out. Just make sure your new cabin filter goes in the same way it comes out theres an arrow it that should be on the top of the filter pointing towards the engine. All that’s left to do is reinstate in the reverse order 👍🏼

1 - 12 of 12 Posts