BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods please let me know if this is allowed on here or not.?
This is not being posted to pour fuel on the situation, it's being posted to make others aware of the situation and dangers of buying from others unless you do it correctly..
There at this time is no proof or evidence of anything and it's being looked in to, i am not condemming anyone with this post..
This link is for a topic on another BMW forum where quite a few members have lost a bit of cash by the seems of it..
Just double check things before handing over money and if you do use the correct ways of doing so.. PayPal etc..:thumbsup

http://www.bmwowner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=193903

If this is not allowed please remove the post.. it's just to make people aware and careful so others are not left in the unfortunate position of loosing money. ;)

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
we have had scammers on these boards too...and our answer was to make it as hard as poss to join up and make a quick buck.
we have the 100 posts plus 3 month rule to stop people who are just in it for profit/scamming.
we did this to protect the members and to try and maintain a good reputation in the BMW community...unfortunately these rules have ruffled feathers in the past, but my own opinion is, you come here for advice on your cars problems and a bit of banter along the way. ebay, gumtree or local ads are for selling stuff :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's cool, i was just posting to make people aware incase it's tried on here too, the seller had over the 100 posts and was known aparently before the selling started..
It's just a heads up incase others get ripped off...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had a similar problem before . Bought some door trims from eBay and payed by a Bank transfer . Of course i haven't received anything . Called Barclays Dispute team and they got my money back within a few days .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a similar problem before . Bought some door trims from eBay and payed by a Bank transfer . Of course i haven't received anything . Called Barclays Dispute team and they got my money back within a few days .
That's excellent, may be you should pop on the other forum for a second and let them know how you did it.. :thumbsup

·
Registered
901 Posts
Even using PayPal doesn't cover you for stupid actions on your own behalf though. See it's all about common sense and not a lot of people have any. I'd like to think that the BMW community had plenty about them but even I see problems with this own forums selling rules which I have brought to attention and nothing has been done about it and it still goes off so only time will tell.

Since you will all now be wondering what I am talking about I'll give you a clue or two :

PayPal

Payment for Goods by means of a Gift Payment (paypal)

If anything goes wrong and you try to get your money back you will not only not get your money back but you will also have your account suspended and so will the seller! (paypal T&C's)

Ok maybe that's not a clue but more the problem! :hihi

Anyway if you are buying something from another forum member just be carefull and do your research first and baring a natural disaster you should be fine. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Mods please let me know if this is allowed on here or not.?
This is not being posted to pour fuel on the situation, it's being posted to make others aware of the situation and dangers of buying from others unless you do it correctly..
There at this time is no proof or evidence of anything and it's being looked in to, i am not condemming anyone with this post..
This link is for a topic on another BMW forum where quite a few members have lost a bit of cash by the seems of it..
Just double check things before handing over money and if you do use the correct ways of doing so.. PayPal etc..:thumbsup

http://www.bmwowner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=193903

If this is not allowed please remove the post.. it's just to make people aware and careful so others are not left in the unfortunate position of loosing money. ;)

Just read the full thread on the other forum and dam.... what a pickle there! I agree that you are in the right for letting other folks know thus hopefully putting an end on all of this! :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Will have a search on here and see if the guy mentioned is active at all on here. :thumbsup

And the thread won't be disappearing, nothing wrong with alerting people to a possible problem member.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Will have a search on here and see if the guy mentioned is active at all on here. :thumbsup

And the thread won't be disappearing, nothing wrong with alerting people to a possible problem member.
Although, it won't let me view the post unless I register on their forum... :shifty:

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Although, it won't let me view the post unless I register on their forum... :shifty:
There are 11 pages, :shifty:

Cliffs. Guy sells parts/items to people on forum, doesn't deliver said parts/items, more people come in saying they have been taken for a ride also. Guy reckons he's going to return money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts