BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one, great car - Only thing I would reccomend is changing out the terrible oem suspension.

Reliability wise - had 0 problems with mine and they are mechanically identical to the regular e46 so the same problems should apply.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Couldnt recommend highly enough :thumbsup

Had mine for 5 months now and love it! :D

Nice thing is they're not very common at all, especially the 2.5's so your getting something a bit different :)

Had a few problems with it but nothin horrific :thumbsup

Deffinately go for the 2.5 ;) Great performance, very smooth! Big engine, little car... sorted :thumbsup lol

What kind of money you looking to spend? and what kind of spec are you after?

Reactions: SouthMan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im looking to spend around 6.5k If i was to get a compact it would have to be the 325 engine. I bought a polo gti and modified to the max but after a while found out the gearbox pedalbox and the clucth is very very weak.

so i thought ill do some research lol

cheers for replys;)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Suspension bushes wear quickly on BMWs, its not a problem but rather something to be aware of. Life expectancy is circa 30-40,000miles.

Some cars will suffer from warped brake discs so ensure the car brakes well without judders or strange noises under harsh braking.

Engine sensors can play up, there's about 4 main ones and each costs about £60 ish but they are usually not pin pointed unless they fail but do contribute to poor running, cutting out etc.

Engines & Gearboxes are pretty tough, but BMWs fall into the hands of people who can't afford to service them (not that they are expensive to do so). So ensure the car has been servcied regularly and according to the service schedule (oil service, inspection I and II).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for that mate. As soon as i sell the polo ill buy the compact:D but two words got me worried here:

Life expectancy is circa 30-40,000miles. ??

poor running, cutting out etc ??

cheers for your help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh i see, yhhh i dont mind that. its a car at the end of the day lol. Im really excited abt this compact, im 20 and ive had around 6 cars already lol.
cheers for everyones help

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
whats up with the 192 it comes with? My 18 yearold niece was looking to insure a micra recently. just for fun we had her do my 325 and quinn refused her Even doing it by having me as the main driver didn't change things. Although we did get quoted 5 thousand pounds by one company. It's good to be old :hihi

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
yhh tell me about it lol:hihi If i was to put a nice exhaust system, remap, induction kit bits n bobs it would be seeing 215hp???
has anyone done this??
cheers guys
Personally I think 215 is a little optimistic. I reckon you may be closer to 202bhp.

Only likely to gain 7-8bhp from a remap and induction and exhausts can have a detrimental effect on performance so be wise in what you choose. The most recommended air filter type is an uprated panel filter:thumbsup

The 325ti is a very nice car and good choice of purchase. You won't see any problems on this that you wouldn't get on any of the coupés or saloons. It will all be down to maintenance carried out, all cars are subject to wear and tear.

With regards to the bushes, this is easily solved with the more durable polyurethane upgrades available:thumbsup

·
Registered
851 Posts
whats up with the 192 it comes with? My 18 yearold niece was looking to insure a micra recently. just for fun we had her do my 325 and quinn refused her Even doing it by having me as the main driver didn't change things. Although we did get quoted 5 thousand pounds by one company. It's good to be old :hihi
Yeah 5k would be rediculous :shifty:

I dont pay that now at all :shifty::sarcastic

:rofl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the information A20 RYM :thumbsup But im afraid i coudnt sell the polo gti due idiots who gave me hope:mad I will have to wait another year or when ever i can sell the car. I hope it doesnt put me off the 325ti bettween this time.
This forum is great, all of you are very helpfull and a diamond thanks for everything guys;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.