BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys.. I've just joined the forum as I'm wondering if anyone can help answer a couple of questions I have..

I'm buying a BMW 330d Cabriolet - M Sport 2step Auto (2008) E93 model f
I'm buying it from the carshop - 27k miles £17.5k...

Can anyone tell me if it'll have stop start technology (can't ask the 12 year old) salesman as I'd only get the answer I want to hear... And if it had got it it didn't kick in on my (very) short test drive...

Also, form your experiences, is the e93 folding roof reliable? (In the showroom it didn't work and has gone off to BMW to look at.. ) is it a sign of things to come..?

Your thoughts and comments would be gratefully received..

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Check the mpg figures you will know by looking stop start will have 10-20 mpg more my brother has a 335d coupe on 2007 that doesnt have stop start im sure thats when they introduced stop start between 2007 /2008 so 2008 should have it

Start car press clutch if engine cuts in then its stop start

Its worth shopping for a 335d this is twin turbo top of the range model get the best one a 335d my brother paid 25k for his 4 yrs ago and its probably worth 18k now

Edit: hold on i was half asleep when reading this your buying a car from one of them overpriced carshop places and when testing the roof it didnt work....walk away its not worth the gamble there will be plenty more

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a few comments.

The 335d is an auto, and autos don't have stop/start. And the car you're looking at is an auto so it won't have stop/start

Anyway, stop/start is only benefits consumption significantly if you do a lot of town work. And if you mainly do town work I'm not sure a diesel is the right engine - research DPF problems to see why a petrol may be more suitable.

Fully agree with goldbcfc - I'd walk away from any E93 that had a roof problem, no matter what the dealer promised. As far as I know, none of the after-market warranties, including BMW's own, cover the E93 roof. IMHO I suggest you forget this one and look elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts