BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to start negotiating on a 435i Gran Coupe with a main dealer. Its two and a little bit years old, done 17k miles and had 2 owners. Also the tyres have worn at quite different rates, e.g. 3mm different on the back tyres with the off side having worn most and same at the front with offside wearing 3mm more.
Am I right to be concerned about this or is it nothing to worry about?
Thanks
M

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
2 owners I wouldn't worry about that, maybe a genuine reason, could of been wrong model for an owner, or an ex demo & garage owned it 1st, details should be on log book as to who has owned it.
Main dealer I presume BMW, it will have the balance of the 3year warranty, and come with HPI check.
The car will have run flat tyres, and again they can wear quicker all depends on how it's been driven
Better negotiating a deal without any part exchange. They should reduce price a fair bit, or they may give you extras depends on what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So apparently if I buy this I will actually be the 4th owner. The first was BMW staff. Then it was sold to member of public. Then was traded in to BMW and sold on again. But then BMW had to buy it back off of him because he wasn't happy with an alloy repair they did and so now they are selling it again.
It is a BMW used approved and they told me that if they were not happy with it at all they would of just sold it at auction.
Does this sound plausible?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Cant be easy for you to resell again if you decide in couple year.s
4 previous owners in short period is alarm bells

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
There may of course be another reason why it's swapped about so much, a reason not obvious till owned for a bit.... There'll be another better along soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts