BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I saw a new trend that many people were telling me about and it is to use bug spray to clean headlights. I wanted to look into how it works and if it really works so I made a video all about it. People have videos on YouTube showing amazing initial results, but is it real and does it last?

Let me know what you think of the video and let me know what you have used to clean headlights (and did it work well)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYmbBZntuY8

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Have you seen all the cloudy plastic headlight lenses that the UV protection has come off

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you seen all the cloudy plastic headlight lenses that the UV protection has come off
All of the UV protectant has come off on these headlights which is why they get all cloudy. People started using bug spray because of a viral FB post and I wanted to show people the facts behind it.

You can polish plastic headlights with the same stuff for cutting scratches out of paint.

so, not waxes, but the cutting compound, and even metal polishes like Brasso and autosol will work.
I like using toothpaste and if that isnt strong enough, I wet sand. I am working on a permanent method to seal the headlights once they look new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts