BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

British racing green E39 project

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sandorczettner 
#1 ·
Just bought a nice E39 touring and I completely fall in love with it. It came with winter tyres on 16" Style 50 rims, so I replaced with 17" Style 49's:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Executive car

There was a few dead pixels on the radio LCD:

Electronics Car Cd player Vehicle Technology

But magic happened (costed me ÂŁ17 for the new ribbon and a few hours to replace it):

Table

And it was like new again:

Electronics Cd player Technology Car Electronic device

After a few weeks, check engine lamp came up with the classic error codes: P0171, P0174, so I take a look around the engine and all I had to do is replace an air hose. The thing I like with BMW is that I can purchase any part of it from bonnet to the last single bolt. This makes the DIY guys life much easier:

Motor vehicle Auto part Luxury vehicle Vehicle Car

I replaced the oil and all the filters, seemed it was done recently, but better to do it and relax. I'll spray the inner body with cavity wax and I don't think I'll do anything else with it, so keeping it in nearly stock condition is my goal, it rolled out from the factory as I like it. And there is no rust, so no point to disassemble at this moment.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.