BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can people recommend breakers yards that are good for going and having a good explore and rip your own bits off the cars.

I love discovering parts at the breakers yards and so do other people, so recommend away.

Ones I like are, in order

Smiths of Bloxham near Banbury Oxon
Hughes of Bicester Oxon
P C Autos, Oakley Oxon
Haynes of Challow near Wantage Oxon
Steve Claridge, Carterton Oxon

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Yeh was alway intresting having a look around. They had two yards one for the public to look around and another which had really wrecked cars (fenced off) could often see signs off blood, and roofs cut off cars by rescue teams ect. Quite shocking to see really:frown

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Only got on here really at Persely.

I love going as well Plumb to see what i can find though i hardly get the time now like.

Im sure the bloke Bills got a wee tape running on a loop as when you go to price whatever youve got he always just says " fiver " lol

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
147 Posts
Its all recycle sites round here now. The last decent breakers got closed down as it was on a field site so old oil etc got into the land. Was over by kettering and had everything laid out by make and model.all vehicles were on the ground so no climbing up stacks etc. Also if you needed to get under a car they would lift it on a forklift for you.

If anyone knows of decent ones in northampton area let me know.

·
Registered
992 Posts
A good one near i live is qyarry breakers in paigton,devon and its dirt cheap for parts 2

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ahh, those were the days. Walking into scrapyards for a look round and walking out with pockets full of fuses and bulbs. Or even better, walking in with a locked toolbox and then walking out half an hour later having 'forgotton your key'.:hihi

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
I have a local one in goole, not many BMW's through though,

I always go to Upullit now, got a yard in york, 35 mins away, dirt cheap, everything i've needed, they've had, all cars lifted off the floor so you can get under, no double stacking etc, about 30 E36 so suit me fine :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts