BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
im with RAC, they have been mint when i have needed them in the past, my 1st car was a classic mini, nuff said!! (obviously the bimmer has never let me down). i dont no if they do euro cover but i wouldnt need it anyway.:thumbsup

·
Registered
313 Posts
rac are good. as standard, remember that you only get i think a max of around 11 call outs a year, once you've used them up you have to pay something over 60 pounds a time to get a call out.

·
Banned
344 Posts
I agree, RAC are excellent and very helpfull and have been with them for 4 years- never had a prob.

Used to be with the AA............but got shot of those idiots. A few years back my Bosxter slid coming down an icey rd, hit a raised curb and pushed the wheel back into the wing, no other cars were involved and no other property was damaged, called AA as the car was immobilised, tossers said they couldn't/wouldn't come out as I had an accident and did not actually break down. After arguing with them over the phone for 15 mins, got mates around with a trailer to recover it back to the shop.

switched over to RAC- they come out to you if you become stranded- whether broken down or had an accident.

and they were actually cheaper.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
:thumbsdown
I agree, RAC are excellent and very helpfull and have been with them for 4 years- never had a prob.

Used to be with the AA............but got shot of those idiots. A few years back my Bosxter slid coming down an icey rd, hit a raised curb and pushed the wheel back into the wing, no other cars were involved and no other property was damaged, called AA as the car was immobilised, tossers said they couldn't/wouldn't come out as I had an accident and did not actually break down. After arguing with them over the phone for 15 mins, got mates around with a trailer to recover it back to the shop.

switched over to RAC- they come out to you if you become stranded- whether broken down or had an accident.

and they were actually cheaper.

+1 RAC are good! I used to be with the AA, but when a previous car became stranded due to not starting for the 5th time (must have been a bad earth that no one could ever trace), they told me its going to cost me and extra £55 as I had the same breakdown a few times previously .......

·
Registered
124 Posts
RAC are superb, never let me down.

NEVER use any service like Green Flag, Direct Line or similar who use indie's as their service is on the whole truely abysmal. I have had so many bad experiences with Green Flag that I would always use RAC now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
ah there you go dsk. yea i didn't like that hidden "it's your fifth time" lark and the 55 pounds charge. i guess you just have to bear that in mind when you get cover, but it's handy to have! i have breakdown cover with a bank account but have never used them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well Ian, I too am in your position as my breakdown expires end of this month. RAC offers £35 off and AA offers £50 off cashback through quidco, for the package you and I want. Only £20 off with any of the Greenflag packages.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am with the CSMA have been with them for 6 years - comprehensive cover & personal which includes homestart - this means that both the Mrs and I are covered personally (so it covers us and the actual car we are travelling in at the time - not necessarily our own). Cost 100 quid a year for us both plus 5 quid discount if on direct debit, used them loadsa times no probs....no issues.....

·
Registered
788 Posts
i used to do this job for a living and to be quite truthfull i would go with brittania rescue, we were contractors for all the breakdown clubs AA , RAC , GREENFLAG , AUTOHOME and BRITTANIA RESCUE and the best by far were brittania rescue they are so proffesional in everything they do and go the extra mile when you need them too, i have fitted parts to vehicles when the customer had no money and brittania agreed to bill the member at a later date so they could continue there journey , tbh they all get you sorted in the end 1 way or another and all have faults, and dont think that by going with the rac and the aa you wont get an approved garage attending your breakdown because you will i did as much work for the aa than i did for green flag but pound for pound and proffesionalism i would choose brittania rescue any day.

·
Banned
344 Posts
i used to do this job for a living and to be quite truthfull i would go with brittania rescue, we were contractors for all the breakdown clubs AA , RAC , GREENFLAG , AUTOHOME and BRITTANIA RESCUE and the best by far were brittania rescue they are so proffesional in everything they do and go the extra mile when you need them too, i have fitted parts to vehicles when the customer had no money and brittania agreed to bill the member at a later date so they could continue there journey , tbh they all get you sorted in the end 1 way or another and all have faults, and dont think that by going with the rac and the aa you wont get an approved garage attending your breakdown because you will i did as much work for the aa than i did for green flag but pound for pound and proffesionalism i would choose brittania rescue any day.

When ever I have called the RAC out over the years- it has always been a RAC Patrol and not a 3rd party but yes, when ever I had to be towed any where- a 3rd party was called.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Im with the AA>

Pay £8 a month, continuosly until I cancel it, and that is relay.

Breakdown and they take me anywhere in the Uk I need to go. :)
Could have added home start for a little bit extra, but I dont need it :)

Only had to call them once, but they were superb.
Even had to order me a low loader, because my car was too low to tow home on the normaly truck.

Didnt cost me any extra.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Im with the AA too i pay £7.60 or something like that a month... Thats roadside and relay... I spoke to a patrolman last summer when my car broke down, he said that because of cost cutting measures, the patrol vans are carrying less and less parts with them and that soon roadside will only be useful if your battery is flat... His opinion mind, but whoever you are with, get the 'relay' or tow you home as part of the breakdown package aswell, the piece of mind is well worth it IMO....

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
I'm with green flag. I cant stand the AA, useless pillocks. My tyre blew out once and I hit the pavement, the bloke on the phone said we cannot come to you because its an accident so you'll have to go through your own insurance, yeah right I will. Called green flag because i apparently had free cover with them through my natwest gold account and they arrived with a low loader and picked my car up and took it to the garage, been with them ever since.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i do have to say, the once when i used my green flag, the guy knew a lot about electrics and his workshop and general car knowledge was way above my impression of what a breakdown recovery knows .. was impressed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also feel that the big two leave a lot to be desired ,me personaly i like the way Green Flag do buisness ,as an agent for them i find them very customer focused and always do thier level best to get you to your destination ,also Mondial have come on leaps and bounds ,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts