BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll soon be getting my E36 1993 bimmer, its a 318i...now i want bigger brakes and was thinkin about using M3 brakes front an rear...i dont want to buy new calipers as second hand will do but the disks for that year would have to brand new, what would i be looking out for and whats involved , ie , i'll need claipers,carriers an disks, etc plus hose's ... is that all i need or have i messed something out?

Cheers All

Mike

P.s - the bigger brakes are just for show as i know the brakes i have on it already are good enough, just want something with better stopping power thats all

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
only thing you haven't mentioned is friction material :)
do not discount the 328 stuff...nearly as big,but possibly a lot cheaper???
and consider the ferodo ds2500 pads...nothing but good reviews about them ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only thing you haven't mentioned is friction material :)
do not discount the 328 stuff...nearly as big,but possibly a lot cheaper???
and consider the ferodo ds2500 pads...nothing but good reviews about them ;)
so i could fit these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-DRILLED-E...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318
and then i'll need to fild calipers an carriers to fit them, then the pads - Ferodo ds2500

thats it ?? sorry for askin loads of questions , i iz a n00b at bimmers

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The 318is 16v uses the same brake discs and pads as the 328 and so do those in between:thumbsup

If you choose to go for the M3 set up then you will need to replace the front struts (If you don't then the wheel will be sitting much closer to the front bumper) You will also need front hubs, discs and calipers. Upgrade the flexi hoses to the stainless braided ones too:cool

I also use EBC grooved discs and EBC Greenstuff pads all around:thumbsup

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shame really as they dont come with tires...so i'll be on the look out for them :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts