BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone has come across this fault before or could point me in the right direction?
I have a 2007 BMW 335d e92 automatic.
The fault I'm having is when the car is stopped and I press the brake pedal all the brake lights work. If the car is moving however forward and reverse and I press the brake pedal the brake lights flash on and off once and do not work even if I come to a complete stop. I honestly don't know where to start and any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Jay

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
maybe do the earth mod,,pretty easy,,done it on 3 cars ive owned in the past e46 330d/e90 330d/e92 335d etc,,search bmw rear lights earth cable mod,earth wire aint thick enough,,it burns out/nearly burns out,,the pin ,,take light out and have a look inside connector at earth pin,sometimes looks charred etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you RASA
I will have a look for that post.
I did take out all the rear lights when I got the car and cleaned up all the connectors and bulb carriers as well as replacement of all the bulbs.

I will let you know how I get on. 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have checked the earth to the light units and they look good to me. I have added an earth to each of the light units and it is still exactly the same. Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
not sure if this is any help my car has two stage break lights,come on normal breaking but realy hard breaking go brighter may be some thing in lights cut out or bulbs.
hope this is some help.i have 2004 x3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe my car is fitted with this system but I don't have the ability to check. I believe from what I have read that the fog lights act as the secondary lights when braking hard. I may have to invest in a BMW coding tool to see what settings are in to see if this could be the fault cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

I downloaded the Carly app on android and went in to the FRM (foot well module) in the settings it had conflict with the FRM (forced brake module) I adjusted the settings and it has fixed the fault. Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts