BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my BMW for about six months now. As I am retired I do a lot of touring and though I'm not a "pedal to the metal" driver I don't go at Tractor speeds either. This is my first BM and I have noticed something I have not come across with any aother car I have driven.
There always seems to be some brain dead idiot who sits on my rear bumper and is desperate to pass at the first possible moment, safe or not. This is
more obvious when I have the roof in the boot. Is this something that goes with having a BM or is it just me they all hate. :confused:confused

·
Registered
328 Posts
As above..... Jealousy!!

But BMW tend to attract unwanted attentions. idiots in Saxo's and Corsa's etc trying to have a go:shifty:

Strange thing is now i have debadge the 330, i seem to attract more idiots...
so thinking of rebadging the Bm:hihi does anyone else get this problem?

Will

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Big Daddy, I have moved this thread to the correct forum section for you:thumbsup

I have experienced this in the past. It's really amusing when you have the power to keep them well in your rear view mirror though:hihi

I have a friend that was travelling behind a car that was doing this to me once in my 318is, we got on to a very wide section of road and the car behind started to overtake... I could hear this almighty roar also, yep... My mate was overtaking the car overtaking me.... M-Power:rofl

I don't condone this action but it was rather amusing because we then boxed him in and forced low speed driving for about 10 mins afterwards:lol:lol:lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Big Daddy, I have moved this thread to the correct forum section for you:thumbsup

I have experienced this in the past. It's really amusing when you have the power to keep them well in your rear view mirror though:hihi

I have a friend that was travelling behind a car that was doing this to me once in my 318is, we got on to a very wide section of road and the car behind started to overtake... I could hear this almighty roar also, yep... My mate was overtaking the car overtaking me.... M-Power:rofl

I don't condone this action but it was rather amusing because we then boxed him in and forced low speed driving for about 10 mins afterwards:lol:lol:lol
i hate "boy racers" even though i am 22, i always get stared at when ever i pass the certain areas of where they hang out... unfortunately i have a 318i at the mo,

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I get this, but not so much with boy racers, but things like Golf R32's and so on. I had to teach a youngish guy in one yesterday with his smug looking girl friend

YES MR VW GOLF R32 DRIVER! IT IS REAL AND IT DID TAKE THE PISS OUT OF YOU!

·
Registered
236 Posts
The trouble at the minute is there are so many little hot hatches about ie Corsa/Astra VXR's,Focus/Fiesta ST's, Clio 190's, Honda Civics that unless your running an M power car they are going to give you so much shit that its not worth trying to race them.... i would rather keep them guessing than boot it and get my arse handed to me by a punk in a fiesta st!!!!..... Its fine if your on a long stretch of road where you can really open the bigger engines up (325/330) but short stretches its not worth it!!!

If i have someone sitting in my boot i tend to go slower rather than putting my foot down!!! Far more amusing!!:hihi

·
Registered
81 Posts
As above..... Jealousy!!

But BMW tend to attract unwanted attentions. idiots in Saxo's and Corsa's etc trying to have a go:shifty:

Strange thing is now i have debadge the 330, i seem to attract more idiots...
so thinking of rebadging the Bm:hihi does anyone else get this problem?

Will
thats exactly what i get, dog rapists in corsas and crap like that up my arse!!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I did have a little fiesta ST up my chuff the other day and I must say, impressed with its performance for such a small car with only 150bhp. Around town I think it would of had the legs on most of the BMW range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had one sitting right up my arse-kept coming right up nearly touching my bumber,then we came up to a dual carriageway and he pulled up next to me then appeared to try to ram me-What he hadn't done was look in his rear view mirror where the coppers had been watching this whole spectacle and pulled him :rofl dumbass

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
The trouble at the minute is there are so many little hot hatches about ie Corsa/Astra VXR's,Focus/Fiesta ST's, Clio 190's, Honda Civics that unless your running an M power car they are going to give you so much shit that its not worth trying to race them.... i would rather keep them guessing than boot it and get my arse handed to me by a punk in a fiesta st!!!!..... Its fine if your on a long stretch of road where you can really open the bigger engines up (325/330) but short stretches its not worth it!!!

If i have someone sitting in my boot i tend to go slower rather than putting my foot down!!! Far more amusing!!:hihi
Know what you mean about needing a long drag to do the smaller cars. Used to love playing with Type R's in my 328. That was always a bit of a challenge!

In the 328 I used to match people trying it on, letting them think they had a chance before I'd nail it. In the M I tend to just let people go - is probably me growing up, I'd rather have them in front of me than crawling all over my bumper through the next 30 limit. Guess the wear on the car and the petrol used, to do someone who is not even a challenge may have something to do with it as well.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had one sitting right up my arse-kept coming right up nearly touching my bumber,then we came up to a dual carriageway and he pulled up next to me then appeared to try to ram me-What he hadn't done was look in his rear view mirror where the coppers had been watching this whole spectacle and pulled him :rofl dumbass
:rofl i would go to the next junction and go back, just to laugh at him!!

Will

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
In the 328 I used to match people trying it on, letting them think they had a chance before I'd nail it. In the M I tend to just let people go - is probably me growing up, I'd rather have them in front of me than crawling all over my bumper through the next 30 limit. Guess the wear on the car and the petrol used, to do someone who is not even a challenge may have something to do with it as well.
I know what you mean there Ian. I would rather have them in front then pushing me along. ;)

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
I did have a little fiesta ST up my chuff the other day and I must say, impressed with its performance for such a small car with only 150bhp. Around town I think it would of had the legs on most of the BMW range.
From what I have heard they are not very satisfying to drive. The power delivery is meant to make them feel slow. However, I have seen one going really damn well around the 'ring.

Ian

G

·
Oh my god, i've noticed the exact same thing - I thought it was just me being paranoid - I've got a 2006 e46 318ci m sport convertible - nothing too brash, and people always staring and looking and driving RIGHT UP MY ARSE - i've resulted to putting tints on my car because I HATE people looking at me and by putting tints on, it's just attracted more attention :( lol

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
i had one of those a class mercs undertake me the other day,after he had crawled all over my bumper for a mile and a half.
the car that was holding me up nearly collected him as he went past it...but what he failed to notice was the traffic stopping in front of him...big clouds of tyre smoke and a dented A4...i made the coffee beans sign at him as i went past :)
he didnt see too happy about getting past me right then pmsl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found that putting the car in third gear, jabbing the left foot on the brake pedal just enought to light the stop lights and at the same time push hard on the accelerator tends to cause bird brain a bit of a problem. I must practice that a bit more to get it perfect.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.