BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2013 640D with water coming into the boot lid from somewhere and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and found the issue. The boot itself is dry, but the carpeting around the boot lid is soaking.
I have removed the lamps in the lid and sealed with silicon and also had noticed that the seal that runs around the boot lid was coming away at the edges where it sticks to the metal boot. I bonded the seal back on to the boot lid but to no avail, it is still allowing water in somehow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had water coming into my boot through the rear light In the body rather than the lights in the boot lid. I also found under the boot carpets was a puddle on the drivers side. (It was my drivers side light leaking)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, upon further investigation I noticed a small split in the seal on the brake light mounted on the boot lid. I stripped it out and sealed with silicon. I have just returned from a few days in the islands using my wife's car and having checked it, all is good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2013 640D with water coming into the boot lid from somewhere and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and found the issue. The boot itself is dry, but the carpeting around the boot lid is soaking.
I have removed the lamps in the lid and sealed with silicon and also had noticed that the seal that runs around the boot lid was coming away at the edges where it sticks to the metal boot. I bonded the seal back on to the boot lid but to no avail, it is still allowing water in somehow.
Hi realise this is an old post but I’ve recently had the same thing happen... I think Ive cured it,it was the boot lid catch that needed adusting.. simply slacken off the three bolts and the catch will move.. I moved mine down about 4mm retightened the bolts and it seems to have done the job..so water was coming in off the bumper and settling in the seal before splashing up on to the boot lid carpeted area.. hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts