BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The genuine BMW emblems are tres expensive.

These are the OEM number for the 850csi
Boot 51141970248
Bonnet 51148123297

Has anyone found a convincing EBAY copy that looks the parts and more importantly fits?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you tried eBay for breaking BMWs with badges matching in size? What are the dimensions? BMW are fairly good at keeping badge size consistent through different models.

I bought a cheap one for my E46 and it faded within months. I then found one off a breaking E46 which was 16 years old and it's in MUCH better condition. Image below shows the cheap one on the right, second hand one on the left.

WP_20160716_17_13_28_Pro_1.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got mine off the bay, bonnet badge for the X3 and new hub caps. Not very expensive (compared to the Oem ones) fitted in seconds. Look the part.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TBH mine are not that bad. I'm currently working my way through a long 'to do' list but after an expensive respray it would be nice to have shiny new badges :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi
I bought mine off of Ebay & they are brilliant for the money. Just a few pounds & they arrived within a couple of days & fitted perfectly. I just looked to see who I got mine off but it was 7 months ago now & I can't find the name. Have a look at the sellers feedback-if the badge is no good then the feedback will tell you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Want a laugh? I bought some off fleabay..... (for several motors, E31, E39, E46) ... my E31 doesn't get out much, but for the other two, took them over 70 mph and the decals just flew off leaving a silver coloured roundel..... never again!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Timm

I've used genuine auto parts for the last few parts orders I've placed.

www.genuineautoparts.com

I've been pleased with their service ( usually around 7 days from order to delivery)

Nameplate 51-14-1-970-248 1 £29.13GBP
Emblem. 51-14-8-123-297 1 £21.27GBP

It pays to order a few items at once as delivery is £7.75 but Ive yet to find cheaper genuine BMW parts so would recommend them to forum members.

·
2,976 Posts
Oooh - I'll give them a go - P.S. your link was truncated, here's the link again:

Genuine Auto Parts | Original Manufacturer Parts & Accessories

P.P.S. The latest year you can select for the 840ci is 1997 - they must be using an American table for model selection.....

P.P.P.S. I just checked the price for the FTP's (as I have recently ordered new ones), and they do not supply the UK type, only the US (inferior) type

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oooh - I'll give them a go - P.S. your link was truncated, here's the link again:

Genuine Auto Parts | Original Manufacturer Parts & Accessories

P.P.S. The latest year you can select for the 840ci is 1997 - they must be using an American table for model selection.....
Actually they use the Australian parts catalogues as I found to my cost when i used a part number from their site for a brake caliper for my CL500. If you supply your VIN, they'll order the correct part number from the right catalogue.

·
2,976 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Telephone support is fairly good too.

They do ask for VIN NUMBERS before processing your order.

Sometimes the shipping quote can vary. It was £7.75 for the first couple of orders I placed but £17.75 for the last one!!???) but if you call them up they will adjust your basket and send you a personalised quote reducing the shipping cost.

You do need to be careful that what you order is correct as their returns policy is a bit punitive with a return stocking fee.

Still some savings to be had.

I'd give them a call Tim re the FTPs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts