BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my brand new 320iSE Touring was hit by a white van man last week (completely devastated!) and the insurance company is recommending using Autorestore, a mobile body repairer. The damage I have is to the rear nearside panel and is approx 10" x 6" with deep gauges in the middle. Does anyone have any experience with this type of repair?
Thanks for your help.

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
yeah...if its the otherpartys fault..defo get it too a bmw bodyshop or a very reputable bodyshop..dont evn contemplate takin anythn upon yourself...if it was your fault..the other guys insurance would take you to the cleaners!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got a small knock on the back of my BMW 3 series. Drove over the top of a hill to see a road cone blowing across the road. Braked, hazards, drove around perfectly .. car behind wasn't paying attention straight into the back of me.

Total insurance claim all on them was £1,200. New bumper, respray and fitting through BMW body shop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had repair done by Autorestore, terrible results. The body was rippled and the paint finish was dull and full of nibs. Thye are here again trying to rectify! i wish i had insisted on a proper BMW bodyshop. I'll let you know how the rectification goes, apparently they have sent their best man for the job - hope so!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
If your claiming via the third partys insurance.. I would suggest using a proper approved bodyshop (BMW). That way you get a proper repair.
Nothing againts Smart Repairs.. But if it was my car.. That would be the route i would take..And i expect everyone else would??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agree with John. You shouldn't have fallen for the 3rd partys insurer's smart repair. BMW would have done all the legwork for you including claiming off the other party and providing you with a courtesy BMW :frown

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.