BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BMW Z3/Z4 Sport Antenna

I picked up a new aerial today. I've previously had a Honda S2000 aerial, Mangowalk aerial and the stock whippy aerial. The Honda and Mongowalk were both improvements over stock in the looks department - with the Honda definitely performing better. The Mangowalk was about as much use as a bent coat hanger.

Anyway, I was looking through RealOEM for some other bits and bobs and noticed that BMW now do a Sport Antenna - so decided to take the plunge and get it (p/n: 65202179726) - I picked it up today as well and have now fitted it - pics below:

BMW Sport Antenna (p/n: 65202179726):

Some pics of it fitted on the car:

Stock Aerial v Honda S2000:

Stock Aerial v BMW Sport Antenna:

The big benefit of the BMW Sport Antenna is that it's exactly the same length as the Mangowalk aerial - but this antenna actually pics up radio stations! LOL!

Reactions: xXNealXx

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it make a difference in radio reception strength Paul? I tried a smaller antenna on the '1' and it was worse :hihi
It does!, I need to give it a 'proper' trial - but sitting in my car at my house I usually couldn't pick up any stations and it now pics up all my presets with a slight bit of static..

Overall (so far) I'd rank them in terms of radio reception as:

1 = Stock
2 = BMW Sport Antenna
3 = Honda S2000
4 = Mangowalk - I honestly think I would have gotten better reception ramming a twig down the hole..

However in terms of looks - I'd rank them as:

1 = BMW Sport Antenna
2 = Mangowalk
3 = Honda S2000 (only below the Mangowalk as the base isn't really wide enough for the grommet)
4 = Stock

So balancing performance and looks then the BMW Sport Antenna is the best choice. It's a pity you're not closer to me - you could have had a trial! LOL!.. I don't tend to listen to the radio too much anyway - but its something that was bugging me for a while (knowing that the Mangowalk was useless!).

Reactions: xXNealXx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts