BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about changing my steering wheel for a while - I've currently got the M Tech wheel - which I like the look of and the only criticism I have of it is that it's a little thin. Whilst looking around for options I came across a chap on eBay who pads out the steering wheels and recovers them The best bit is that he can also do beige stitching for me to make it that little bit more unique and blend in better with the rest of the interior. He also does options for the leather - you can get perforated or smooth and I even considered getting the bottom section done in beige leather (like the individual wheels) - but thought it might be a little overkill, so settled on all black with beige stitching. If I want to add more colour later I can always get beige leather steering wheel tabs! LOL!

These pics should give an idea of how it'll look (exactly the same, except the stitching! :D):

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
I've been thinking about changing my steering wheel for a while - I've currently got the M Tech wheel - which I like the look of and the only criticism I have of it is that it's a little thin. Whilst looking around for options I came across a chap on eBay who pads out the steering wheels and recovers them The best bit is that he can also do beige stitching for me to make it that little bit more unique and blend in better with the rest of the interior. He also does options for the leather - you can get perforated or smooth and I even considered getting the bottom section done in beige leather (like the individual wheels) - but thought it might be a little overkill, so settled on all black with beige stitching. If I want to add more colour later I can always get beige leather steering wheel tabs! LOL!

These pics should give an idea of how it'll look (exactly the same, except the stitching! :D):
That looks good mate, you will have to let us know how that turns out,

do you have a link for this?

You need to get yourself wheel from the Performance range Paul. This is version 2 :hihi

If i ever get an m3, i am budgiting £850 for one of these lol

I see them a while back an it looks kool

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to get yourself wheel from the Performance range Paul. This is version 2 :hihi

that's a nice bit of kit Neal!! - not really in keeping with the retro theme of the Z3 though.. kind of reminds me of this (but without the turbo boost):

:lol:lol:lol

Reactions: xXNealXx

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news! - I got an email confirming my new wheel will be sent out on 28th March!! :D

More good news is that I've been trying to get a leather match to get new custom gaiters made up for the gearstick and handbrake - but the trim shop has had problems matching it with samples (you've no idea how many different colours of tan/beige and brown there is!! :eek:shifty:):

So I had a brainwave - I bought a 2nd hand beige handbrake gaiter that came up on eBay:

And I'm now going to send this off with the gearstick gaiter to ensure a proper match!! - hopefully by the end of next week I'll have received and fitted my new steering wheel and custom handbrake/gearstick gaiters!! :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice....

Reactions: pangster

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My new re-padded and recovered steering wheel just arrived!

SPEC:
(*) Padded
(*) Black perforated leather sides
(*) Black plain leather top and bottom
(*) Beige stitching

PICTURES:

It looks, feels and smells great!! LOL! - can't wait to get it fitted! :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wheel looks good :thumbsup
thanks mate!! - very happy with it!! :)

I'll get some more pictures of it when I get round to installing it! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts