BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My X3 got crashed into last month, the collision was to the front of the car nothing major from what I could see. Needed new bumper light unit air con unit and a couple of other things. Got my X3 back about 2weeks ago looking New and good and happy with the repairs.

But since I got it home it started out taking a couple of times pressing the start button to start the engine, gradually having to press more times to start it. Took 20 minutes to start it 3 days ago pressing the start button dozens of times and it eventually started, to yesterday where I cannot start it at all.
Every time I press the button I hear a buzz for a couple of seconds from the engine compartment then nothing. I don't want to keep pressing the button in case I burn something out.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I have contacted my insurance about it and they going to complain to the garage about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Check the wires on the starter motor.
Also any earth wires to the engine the thick one's that is.
Could well be wrong but that would be my first on the check list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I charged up my battery which was fine anyway to see if that was the problem but nope still did not start. Today I thought I'd try it again it started on the first press. Then tried it again and back to not starting. So then I'd thought I'd change the battery in the key fob and after about 30seconds of replacing the key battery the car has started every time so far.
The garage that repaired the damage is sending it to BMW for diagnostics to see if there's a problem. But thinking I've just solved it but I'll send it anyway as insurance is paying for it.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Hope you got it sorted with a battery change but didn't the locking work of that fob ?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts