BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
X1 M Sport 2018
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new and first BMW, just two quick questions, should there be locking wheel nuts on the allow wheels or not ? and secondly there is no puncture / tyre repair kit in the car, should it be there as standard even though 2nd hand.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Locking nuts yes I would expect. What do you mean by a tyre repair kit? If they are runflats then you don't need anything.

·
Registered
X1 M Sport 2018
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have locking wheel nuts on i have checked today, how would i know if the tyres are runflats or not

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't have locking wheel nuts on i have checked today, how would i know if the tyres are runflats or not
Should say on the side of the tyre e.g. runon flat or RFT. Look up the brand and tyre designation if it doesn't say so.

·
Registered
X1 M Sport 2018
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have googled the tyres and can't find reference to run flat, so if that is the case i might go back to the garage and ask for a tyre repair kit just in case.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, they look like normal tyres. The car may originally have had run-flats though, and so the kit wouldn't be included. If I was a dealer that's what I'd say anyway :)

·
Registered
X1 M Sport 2018
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody point me in the right direction for locking wheel nuts, I need to get four and the key. The wheels are as. Above. 2018, x1 m sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts