BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Someone at work said BMW offer special servicing costs to cars 4 years old or more?

Has anyone used this and found a good saving?

Then again this link seemed quite interesting

http://www.prestigecarservicing.com/bmwservice.html
yes I have used it. Basically they cut the labour costs in half so instead of being £100 per hour it's £50 it was £20 for an inspection 2 instead of £400 but my service ended up costing £429 as I needed an ABS sensor and camshaft sensor fitted.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i know that bmw after so many years make the parts cheaper to keep the older cars going.

As for labour costs, they never mentioned it to me, not that I would use them. Still wanted to charge me £750 for a big service on my e36 M

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was on hold on the phone yesterday and the spiel was something about matching local indies on the labour charges. Worth asking about.

·
Registered
210 Posts
BMW have offered the 4 year + reduced labour price for quite some time.....still tends to work out quite a bit more than an Indy. I got an Inspection 2 plus 4 discs/pads/sensors etc done and was stung for a tad under £1k :eek Gone to an Indy ever since. :hihi

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
id stick with the independent...mine did my oil change for sumthn like £68....bm wanted £l80...evn with the 20% discount at most the indy was still far cheaper...and if your indys trustworthy..he wont tell you you need other things done,,wen you dont!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My local dealer quoted the discounted price for an Inspection-2 and sounded a good price against an indie, until I happened upon that most parts would be extra! Would have cost me far more in the end. If you're in Berkshire try Munich Motors in Wokingham, theyve been great for me and three BM's I've had.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.