BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Am new here.

About to pick up a new 118i and am debating whether I should buy a Service Plan from the dealer (Stephen James). Looking at the BMW website it looks like it will cost me £20 per month for 3 years until the Value service pack kicks in (I could be wrong here!)

I have no idea what the service intervals are for car and what I get for my service and when - very confusing. If its relevant I'll probably be doing 7k miles per annum. The car will be mine and not on PCP.

Are these worth buying?

Many thanks

Raj

·
Registered
545 Posts
£720 over the course of those 3 years and it would be a fair assumption in that time you’ll need a minimum of 1 x brake fluid service (every 2 years) and at least 1 x oil/small service.
I very much doubt the cost of those two together exceed £720 and probably considerably cheaper.

On the flip side any unexpected service would be covered similar to warranty covering most of the rest.

Looking at it pragmatically £20 is easier to find each month than the one off £3-400 which a major service could cost. For some people’s budget and income £20 makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
It's an insurance of kinds, could always put 20 into a different part of your bank account and forget about it till needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just purchased a 5 year plan, pay monthly, for a used 2 year old F32 430D x drive , £1200, gets me 1 minor, 2 majors, 2 brake fluids, and an MOT, couple of map updates plus usual adblue topups at service and countless pointless health checks, and then Barrett’s add another 4 MOTs FOC and some other minor perks.
Not cheap, but at franchised dealer prices, locks in the price and by my maths cheaper than paying per service, and spreads the cost at £25 a month.
Didnt buy the car there, but as it’s close to home and the free MOTs through the life of the plan swung it over buying through supplying dealer or online with BMW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts