BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
just used this paperclip method to reset my oil and service lights after getting oil etc changed and checked . the problem is i still have a orange clock symbol showing can someone tell me what it is and how i get it off please??? thanks in advance

·
Registered
162 Posts
The car I have just bought was last serviced at 89k Nov 2008 and has now done 90k...

I have 4 greens still lit BUT the little clock ( brake fluid) is showing... can it wait or does it need urgent attention as it won't be needing a service for a while ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The car I have just bought was last serviced at 89k Nov 2008 and has now done 90k...

I have 4 greens still lit BUT the little clock ( brake fluid) is showing... can it wait or does it need urgent attention as it won't be needing a service for a while ?
Recommended change interval is 2 yrs for brake fluid. Wouldn't exceed 3 though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks, should I assume then that as the clock is showing it's due ( i.e. from the last time it was re-set.)

The servicing was all BMW appointed till 75k but local's since then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Proper handy to know,nice post !!

·
Registered
737 Posts
im told the service lights are also dependent on cold starts etc, that would gel with my experiance the first 2 years of ownership i did 50000 mile but a change of jobs meant the next 2 i did 4000 per anum and the lights seem to go down at the same rate. personelly i never let it go over 6000 when i was doing the miles and at 217000 miles it runs mint and i hammer it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just a quick question...2 weeks ago I had an inspection 1 done at BMW Sytner. An inspection 1 includes checking battery levels and also the spare tyre. My car was full of things in the boot and also had a subwoofer wired up in there. I didnt know these 2 things were covered till I recieved a checklist from them. Do you think they chcked these two or do you think they gave it a pass due to the state of my boot? Thanks guys!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Just a quick question...2 weeks ago I had an inspection 1 done at BMW Sytner. An inspection 1 includes checking battery levels and also the spare tyre. My car was full of things in the boot and also had a subwoofer wired up in there. I didnt know these 2 things were covered till I recieved a checklist from them. Do you think they chcked these two or do you think they gave it a pass due to the state of my boot? Thanks guys!
If they didnt check it, they should have made a note on the job card....:thumbsup

·
Registered
947 Posts
If they didnt check it, they should have made a note on the job card....:thumbsup
Everything was ticked off...does that mean they probably disconnected the subwoofer to remove the carpet? Would they be allowed to do that? Or do you think he just cut corners and didnt bother, hoping the battery and spare wheel was fine?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Everything was ticked off...does that mean they probably disconnected the subwoofer to remove the carpet? Would they be allowed to do that? Or do you think he just cut corners and didnt bother, hoping the battery and spare wheel was fine?
If its ticked off it should have been done. They should have noted down the pressure they put in the spare tyre and some dealers put a sticker on there. Easy way to tell is to check the pressure in the spare wheel...:thumbsup

·
Registered
947 Posts
If its ticked off it should have been done. They should have noted down the pressure they put in the spare tyre and some dealers put a sticker on there. Easy way to tell is to check the pressure in the spare wheel...:thumbsup
Actually thats true! Sytner normally put a yllow sticker on the spare wheel with the date, who did it and where it was done on the spare wheel. I'll have a look tomorrow when is light :) Thank you for the help! :thumbsup

21 - 40 of 65 Posts