BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to one of these??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a BMW Owner, we're sure that you enjoy driving your car. Have you ever wondered how exciting it could be if you weren't restrained by the rules of the road? Well here's your chance to find out!

BMW UK have teamed up with the BMW Car Club and booked five novice track evenings at the famous circuits of Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome. These events are being offered exclusively to BMW Owners at a subsidised rate so you can experience the full capacity of your Ultimate Driving Machine on track.

The events are open to novice trackday drivers only (maximum of three trackdays before) ensuring that your time on circuit will be spent amongst other similarly experience drivers.
What you can expect

A full safety briefing covering all the rules and regulations of the event will be followed by a tour of the circuit to familiarize everyone with the track. Once complete, you'll have plenty of time to put the theory into practice and get out on track!

Club MSV's support team, consisting of the instructors and track marshals will be on hand to give you any advice you may require throughout the evenings.

This is an exclusive BMW event and we therefore have a limited number of places available - book now to avoid disappointment!

PLEASE NOTE - this event is open to BMW cars and novice trackday drivers only

Bedford Autodrome SW Circuit
BMW Novice Track Evening
Monday 16 April 2012
Evening £49

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
BMW Novice Track Evening
Tuesday 8 May 2012
Evening £49

Snetterton 300
BMW Novice Track Evening
Wednesday 6 June 2012
Evening £49

Cadwell Park Full Circuit
BMW / Mini Novice Track Evening
Wednesday 22 August 2012
Evening £39

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: CLICKY

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm really tempted by the Bedford one... Any rough idea on what track day insurance would cost? I know it's not required - but i'd want it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been googling this as I wouldn't feel confident without the insurance.

I've found a few places but none that will give me a quick and instant online quote to work from.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would be well up for the bedford one too.
I wonder if they could point us in the difrection of a good insurance deal?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I love the sound of this.. all too far away from me though!

If they setup something similar at a track slightly more westerly I'd be straight there, would love to see how my car goes on a track..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm Fortunate to have a car worth about £600 and probably worth more stripping and selling so I'll take the risk...
What about crashing into someone else's car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about crashing into someone else's car?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
As far as I'm aware:

Trackday insurance doesn't work the same as conventional road insurance. It only covers your car, damage to the track and recovery costs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as I'm aware:

Trackday insurance doesn't work the same as conventional road insurance. It only covers your car, damage to the track and recovery costs.
Fair enough!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just checked with the leasing company (my car is a lease car). Track days (as i expected) are against the terms and conditions. Oh well.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts