BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I need a new coat, it's cold and the screwed up dirty old jacket in the boot is no longer good enough..

Whilst visiting my local Stealer I perused a "BMW Lifestyle" catalogue while waiting and found a nice, subtle, M sport coat. Waterproof, thermal, nice red lining, little "///M" on there and the Msport colours on a subtle strip up the back of the neck.

I loved it, but it's like £149.

I never spend that much on a coat! Perhaps £100 tops really. Mostly because i get bored of them, treat them like crap and need a new one pretty much every year. But this does "look" quality, they push the whole "made with BMW materials" and "to BMW standards" schpiel, but really? I assume the price will be inflated a bit anyway, but is it gonna be a £20 coat with some BMW logos on? Or will it actually be a pretty high quality coat?

I doubt many people would actually notice that it's BMW branded, but, still, is it really bloody sad to buy a BMW coat??? What do you reckon?

Wonder if Hereford can supply? That could be handy....

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I once worked in the textile industry. We used to do different labels for EXACTLY the same coats for different companies. Personally, I wouldn't pay over the odds for any branded clothing UNLESS it was something WORTH THE MONEY. So some biking gear, and a few odd other items in life maybe, but not so much the car/bike branded Crap. On sale at half price may well be what the coat is really worth, but full price in a dealers, never.

But when all is said and done its down to the individual. I have 2 BMW marked watches. One a rip off and one a dealers own (which is still probably a ripoff). Sikura (the company that now make breightling under the breitling logo used to do relatively cheap watches. As soon as they got the Breitling rights the costs rocketed for watches that were nothing more than Sikura internals with a flashy face and case.

If you like the coat, buy it. Just remember, Honda goldwing owners usually buy honda goldwing coats, badges, belts, matching leathers (covered in goldwing logos) and Harley owners do the same with their chosen attire and brand name. Personally, I would say go and buy something decent and warm and stuff the high cost brand named tat from the dealers. Usually better quality at half the price as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts