BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
Can you tell me where i can download inpa in ads 63 mb version. I now soured an older laptop the serial port on. but i wanted to down load the program before buying the cable
many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am hoping someone can help.

My car is a 1996 E38 with the round 20 pin OBD connector in the engine bay.

I have tested Pin 15 on the OBD and it is NOT live.

Will I be able to access all diagnostic and coding functions using a usb cable or will I still need a serial (RS232) cable ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,466 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks. I don’t suppose anyone knows of any from a uk seller ?

So the USB ones that seem popular can not do coding ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, are you sure you cannot code modules on the car with a USB cable ?

My car is a 1996 with Pin 15 disabled on the round connector.

I thought this meant it isn’t an ADS car and I could use DIS v44 with a usb cable

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
you cannot code or connect to all the modules using USB interfaces on an ADS car using INPA, DIS i don't know but being as it uses the INPA architecture in the first place i doubt it very much..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, hoping someone with good experience of the INPA package can give some help here. I put it in general discussion as I guess INPA applies to all models.

I bought the cable and diagnostic package from BCABLES for my E93 and also an E88.
Had lots of confusion so far trying to get it to talk to the car, confusing because I dont know when its working or not!
Finally twigged that the switch on the cable is round the wrong way and when its switched to DCAN its actually on KCAN.
So... getting the cable setup now appears to work (can anyone confirm this is actually connected - pic below)
View attachment 269599

I select the E9x model using F4 from the INPA menu
View attachment 269600

but when I press ENGINE I get these choices
View attachment 269601

now Im not sure of these - but I know the engine is a 3.0 diesel(330d) and I thought that engine was a N57D30A as thats written on the door panel.
so why doesn't it appear on this list - or am I reading the list wrong ?

so then I go on to try to see other car modules, but for everything else I either get;-
Requested CU unit xxxxxx not found
CU found . yyyyyyy
View attachment 269602

OR
Versions do not match Malfunction possible
and then some text like this as an example;-
View attachment 269603

If I carry on after this I seem to be able to read out data (not sure ...) like this below which I think was about battery voltage (I didnt have a charger connected)
View attachment 269604

so a lot of rambling - but as I said to start I dont know what I dont know, does anyone recognise these readouts?
Is the laptop communicating with the car OK ?
Why cant I see my CUs or engine type? -
Is the problem an old dwon level of INPA?

I dont mind buying another copy of INPA if I can be sure the cable is communicating OK and its just back level diags (although thats what I thought I bought from BCABLES - who BTW DONT answer any emails for help)
Please put me out of my misery someone - just asking if anyone recognises the messages and confirm what they mean.....

Nothing wrong with car at moment other than a 93AF which my Foxwell scanner found - Im just preparing for future problems.
Thanks in advance

121 - 128 of 128 Posts