BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , i'm new to this forum as i've recently become a part of the BMW family! I've purchased a 2016 520d Msport recently and had a few queries which I was hoping to get answers on this forum! (Previously I used to drive a 2012 Skoda Octavia 1.4 SE TSI) -

1.is there a specific document/website where I can find the 'exact' features which my BMW has? I have been given a hand-book with the car but seems a lot of those features I cant find on my BMW (e.g. voice recognition, door soft close). Would like to know if there's anywhere I can get to see what exact features my car has.

2. Is the traffic information displayed on the BMW navigation system real-time and updated as its on google maps. I've been happily using the BMW navigation system, but seems a lot of times it doesn't pick up the fastest route. Note that i'm aware that not all car navigation systems get real time traffic updates (my Skoda didn't), but since this is a 'BMW' though of checking!

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Look for a "vin decoder" that will tell you the build specs of your car.
Can't help with the navigation i don't use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an additional query - apparently i am able to only open the boot lid using the key, but need to close it manually by pushing it back. I was told by the car dealer that its a standard for these BMW models. Can anyone advise if that's true, as the user manual indicated that I should be able to close it automatically via the keys

·
Registered
32 Posts
My F36 Gran Coupe, opens & closes using the key fob. Press boot open button & tailgate opens, press & HOLD the boot ‘open’ button & tailgate closes. Try holding button till lid is fully closed. Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another thought, the tailgate opens with the inside button, but doesn’t close with it. I use the button on the tailgate or hold the key fob button till it’s fully closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thought, the tailgate opens with the inside button, but doesn’t close with it. I use the button on the tailgate or hold the key fob button till it’s fully closed.
Thanks. When I long press my key fob button , it just makes a clicking noise in the tailgate, but doesn't close. Same when I use the button inside the cabin. So I'm presuming that my dealer wasn't correct when he said that its not part of a standard BVMW feature.

Maybe I need to take it to a mechanic?

Btw, where is this button on the tailgate as you mentioned above, using which you can close?

·
Registered
32 Posts
On the Gran Coupe it has a motorised tailgate as opposed to a boot lid. On the bottom of the tailgate when it is opened, there is an oblong shaped button about 2’’ x 1’’ which you push to close the tailgate. It’s not clever to force it open or closed against the motor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It’s a bit like a hatch-back car , if you like, with the look of a saloon coupe. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’d say clicking noise in the tailgate suggests that it’s trying to open/close. Maybe a sensor problem. I’d get garage to check it under warranty if it’s still valid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts