BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, hope all of you are well and keeping safe from this virus going around.
I have a general question and wondered if I could get some help.
I have a 2013 F30 330d, it has 105k on the clock. It has a stage 1, dpf, egr and rear box delete. All tyres pressure has been checked. Car oil is changed every 10k miles. I had a full service done including all filter back in November.
The issue is I get really poor mpg. I was on the motorway today and did 70 on cruise control the whole way and the trip computer showed 13mpg which is awful. I wonder what could be the issue?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Would normally say check the coolant temp but i would still expect better mpg on the motorway that that.
A fault code scan would be a good start.

·
Registered
556 Posts
may be trip is wrong,best way to get axact mileage is fill up do a few miles maybe 100 top up and
see what you are getting to a gallon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
may be trip is wrong,best way to get axact mileage is fill up do a few miles maybe 100 top up and
see what you are getting to a gallon.
Getting a diagnostic done on Tuesday. Have been told could be due to a bad remap so hopefully will get sorted. Will keep you guys updated .

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I think there are more mpg info in the hidden menus - where you trigger putting last 7 figures added up from your VIN, then takes to several lower level menus on the dash, lookup on youtube for method on yours, varies slightly I think.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Just curious but why would coolant temp change mpg?
because the car uses more fuel to try and get to temp,but if the stat is stuck open it will never get to temp as there is flow of coolant constantly,,my e90 330d was averaging 28 mpg,when i first bough it,ne wstats and does 42 mpg now,same with calipers,,had an e46 that averaged 40 mpg,caliper went really bad and mpg went to 23 mpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello, hope all you guys are well. The car had a full diagnostics done with no error codes coming up and has the remap done again by someone who’s been doing it for a while. I will keep you guys updated as I just put In a full tank of v power today .

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
You can monitor the temp in the hidden menu while you are driving.
Worth a go just to see what temp it get's up to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do I get temp up from the hidden menu?
Also sometimes after just driving with a partially heavy foot it will give me an engine oil light saying I need to top it up but the next day when I measure it, it shows fine?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
but the next day when I measure it, it shows fine?
Do you check the oil in the same flat place every time?
Should be something in the car manual saying how much will increase between what marks on dipstick, if you have a dipstick, but adding a teacup full of oil might help, see if same thing keeps happening for few days, add another teacup full...
After a thrash the oil will be in every nook and cranny, well spread about, hence show low, next day it's all collected in one place..
As for hidden menu;

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you check the oil in the same flat place every time?
Should be something in the car manual saying how much will increase between what marks on dipstick, if you have a dipstick, but adding a teacup full of oil might help, see if same thing keeps happening for few days, add another teacup full...
After a thrash the oil will be in every nook and cranny, well spread about, hence show low, next day it's all collected in one place..
As for hidden menu;
Yes everyday same place, but have I switch to paddle shifts and hit 5000rpm on every gear change it’ll show up saying low oil. Maybe the engine is using more oil to cope under pressure?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts