BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on this forum, Just asking for some advice, my F30 320d popped up with a engine light the other day, I since bought a OBD reader and the code p24c6 came up when I read it, I tried clearing it and it didn't go.

I've read online that it's associated with the particulate matter sensor. I did let my bimmer get below 30 miles on the fuel tank and soon after that this code popped up.

Is there anything I can do before going to a garage as I am not sure if this is covered under warranty.

Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I think it is a soot sensor and it could be damaged from road debris or it could be time for a new sensor.
Don't think it has anything to do with running the tank low on fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First time on this forum, Just asking for some advice, my F30 320d popped up with a engine light the other day, I since bought a OBD reader and the code p24c6 came up when I read it, I tried clearing it and it didn't go.

I've read online that it's associated with the particulate matter sensor. I did let my bimmer get below 30 miles on the fuel tank and soon after that this code popped up.

Is there anything I can do before going to a garage as I am not sure if this is covered under warranty.

Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.
If is your particulate filter I'm afraid just this experience with my 320i and was told due to me driving 120 trips under 4 miles over 18400 miles it was my driving and would not be covered by warranty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, BMW Dealerships said it should be covered under warranty. The independent garage also confirmed. We shall see tomorrow went I take it to loyllds BMW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If is your particulate filter I'm afraid just this experience with my 320i and was told due to me driving 120 trips under 4 miles over 18400 miles it was my driving and would not be covered by warranty
Most of mine is motorway miles. I'll be annoyed if its not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The DPF sensor was faulty and was covered under warranty, they're also fixing a wheel bearing that's making a whining noise under warranty.

Guess I have a decent dealership. Loyllds BMW Blackpool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts