BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 320D M Sport F30 2013
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I had my timing chain, clutch and flywheel replaced in June and the car has not been right since. I have lost performance, the car is hesitant and the gear stick is vibrating and just feels horrible to drive. It has been back to the garage twice since the repair. On the first return, they told me the car was fine, even though I explained the above. It had an oil change and they checked the engine mounts. I still had the above complaints so I took it back again. This time I showed them the video below. The mech said the gearbox and gear stick bushes were worn and needed replacing. When I got the car back the vibration got worse. I can now feel a vibration in the gear stick when the car is in neutral! Its only a slight vibration but its visible and I can feel it. I think by changing the bushes it has stiffened up the transmission and causing the vibration to be more prominent. Anyway, the video below is accelerating from 60mph to 70mph in 6th gear. The vibration start to come in when the car gets to 1000rpm and is at its worst when hits 2000rpm. If I let off the accelerator the vibration stops. My first impression lead me to believe its the flywheel but would the vibration not persist when I come of the accelerator? Id really appreciate some help. The car is going back on Tuesday and I'd like to go in with a few ideas to "recommend" as they don't seem very keen to fix it... Thank you in advanced for your suggestions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts