BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 BMW 335i E93 Manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to BMW, I recently swapped my old car for a 2007 335i E93, previous owner replaced the battery and told me that’s why the air bag light is on, as I’m new to BMW I have no idea about what it could be, these are the fault codefor the air bag, I do have other faults on other modules which come back to K-CAN Line Fault but I’m more worried about the airbag
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

these are the other modules that have the K-CAN Line Fault
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Did you clear them and see what came back.
Also not sure but is the passenger air-bag turned on.

·
Registered
2007 BMW 335i E93 Manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I cleared them those photos I sent are the ones that came back, never thought of that tbh, the previous owner had a baby so probably turned it off I’ll have a look

·
Registered
2007 BMW 335i E93 Manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I looked into it more, I don’t have a switch to turn the airbag on or off but it’s on anyway, I tried doing a few active tests on the module and my system didn’t communicate with the passenger module but it communicated with the drivers, which tells me that the passenger one has either a loose connection or even a fault module, so I’ve found a module but my next question is if I get a second hand one would I need to program it to the car?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Thought you had a switch some-ware to turn it off ??.
I only have an 07 e90 and by the mirror i get a light telling me the passenger airbag status but never looked for the switch.
With that i just took it i have a switch/keyhole to turn it off and i thought all cars had that for the child-seat fitting of.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Just asked the wife and she said it is on the end of the dash when you open the passenger side door (i never get in that side).
But reading up it was an option i thought it came as standard but you live and learn.

·
Registered
2007 BMW 335i E93 Manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just asked the wife and she said it is on the end of the dash when you open the passenger side door (i never get in that side).
But reading up it was an option i thought it came as standard but you live and learn.
To be honest this is my first car without an air bag switch I was looking everywhere for it yesterday but I couldn’t find it and I searched up where it could be and it said the location where your wife said but it isn’t there, but I definitely know it’s the module as the heated seat function doesn’t work on that seat but it works on the other but the passenger seat still moves back and forward and up and down and it’s an electric seat, but my diagnostic machine basically says that module isn’t installed/can’t communicate

If I get another module do you know if I need to code it if it’s a second hand one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts