BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a couple of questions in regards to remapping a BMW E90 330i M sport 2005

How much of a performance increase could I expect to see, without sacrificing engine life for performance?
How much will it cost?

Thanks will be given!

·
Vendor
4,110 Posts
We normally see around 14bhp with 13-15ft of torque
We charge £400 on the dyno tested before and after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We normally see around 14bhp with 13-15ft of torque
We charge £400 on the dyno tested before and after

10-15hp is enough for me. I cant afford insurance for much more anyway.

£400 is a lot for it though. Plus getting the car up to London.

I plan on changing the intake, custom cat back and then a remap next year when my policy runs out.

·
Vendor
4,110 Posts
Why would you say £400 is a lot for a remap on your 330i to see real honest gains on my dyno ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you say £400 is a lot for a remap on your 330i to see real honest gains on my dyno ?

Because based on my previous research on google people were saying it cost around £250.
Those post may have been old or they used someone who isn't reputable. I don't know. But I have not done this before so I only have the information I can find to go by.

I have no doubts about the quality of your work. You wouldn't be reputable on this forum if you weren't good.

But when I look into something for my car and see numbers maximum of £300 and someone tells me its more like £400 it surprises me.
400/15 = 26.7 That's £27 per 1BHP. Can I justify that? not with my current funds. I'm not a wealthy man right now :( Hopefully I will be better off next year.
But I would rather pay the extra money for someone reputable than pay less for a poor job.
Surely you know what I'm getting at? It sucks when you are mislead or you get your hopes up based on bad info.

I'm not trying to offend you!

Like I said, my policy doesn't run out until next year, so I likely cant give you any business until then anyway regardless of cost.

·
Vendor
4,110 Posts
Not all tuning companies will tune your car well or make there own tuning and adjustments in house for your car

A lot of these so call Remappers will come to your house and just upload a so called tune file on for say £250-£300

I've seen a lot of bad Remaps and even court out well know companies for not tuning the cars and pretending they did and telling the customer it been tuned and charging them £800

You don't know who made the tune, if it was made from your cars ecu read in the 1st place or from a different car
You will not know how much power it has made if any or lost as I've seen

The tuned file could be made by someone who does not know how to tune this car or never used a dyno
As I've seen more often it's been joe blogs in his home who has a full time job as a lorry driver using copy software supplying files file to someone using a clone tool and when it all goes wrong your left to pay out for a new ecu as I've seen so many times before by face book tuners

When you come to us to tune your car on our in house dyno we do full diagnostics on the car using one of our Autologic (which costs £15,000 to buy plus £1000 a year subscriptions)

We use a dyno dynamics rolling road to check the cars health (which are over (£65,000 new)

it will take 1 1/2 hours to read your cars ecu software using one of our original ecu flashing tools (which costs £3500 to buy and £1000 a year in subscriptions) while using a stabilise power supply (which cost £500-£700) then adjusting the ecu's calibration correctly using original tuning software with yearly subscriptions
Uploading the new data takes 1 ish hour to your car
Then dyno testing and monitoring the car on the dyno
Then if needed tweaking the software (which takes 1 1/2 hours to upload to your cars ecu) till I'm happy with the results on the dyno

On top of this I have to pay rent,rates,staff and electric which costs a lot to use the dyno and the fans and we guarantee our work

So if someone is doing a remap a lot cheaper as your self what short cuts are they doing or what are they not doing they should be doing on your car

If you search you will find 40% of my work is correcting other tuners Remaps and problems they have cause

I'm here to help and to stop others being ripped off by these so called tuning companies

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the explanation.

Like I said I'm not here to start and argument. I only wanted the facts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts