BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, friends

It turns out that my catalytic converter is bad and it needs to be replaced. Is there an alternative of buying a new one? I ask because it's about 1500GBP.

I remember from a fellow user that he managed to eliminate the catalytic converter completely. Is this a solution?

Appreciate greatly your replies. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There are many illegal cars on the road with DPF and CAT removed.

Only way to save the £1500 is to visit a mates garage for MOT otherwise you will never get pass the emission test.

I would think unless you pulled over roadside and a proper inspection done you should be fine.

BTW i do not promote this but only saying because i have read many people on this forum mention driving with DPF gutted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, sayekm!

And what about the NOX sensor after the catalytic converter? I assume it wouldn't function right.

Is there an alternative to OEM catalytic converter? Like an universal one?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thank you, sayekm!

And what about the NOX sensor after the catalytic converter? I assume it wouldn't function right.

Is there an alternative to OEM catalytic converter? Like an universal one?
you will need to get the sensors coded around the cat or you will be in constant lag mode

tbh that quote sounds like you went to BMW dealers...only god knows why you went to them... but im sure you can get cat for a lot lot cheaper as I was looking at getting some for my 330i which where about £130-150 each

you can get a decat and coded out for about £400-500..do some shopping around

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts