BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

BMW E60 525D Fuel consumption

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  vandallist 
#1 ·
Hey guys!
I got myself couple a months ago E60 525D (2005) with 130kW. Automatic.
Overall car is not bad, but i am having trouble with some errors and with a bit high fuel consumption.
My car is basically spending around 11liters in city driving, from a research around internet i found that even 530d spends like 8-9l in city driving so obviously i have some car problem.
I changed egr thermostat and temperatures are fine now, but that didn't fix consumption.
The errors i am getting:
1. some PDC errors
2. 3ff0 Air Mass Flow ?
3. 9c77 Something regarding AC i guess thats not important for fuel consumption.
4. 4513 Oil Level sensor
5. 4587 Fuel filter (Which i have changed couple dasy ago).
6. Also i got glow plug relay error.
I also get sometimes error for emission too high.
By the way i removed DPF, so i guess EGR is maybe filthy?

Hope you have some suggestions, thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
The error regarding emissions can also be caused by the solenoid valve, or the vac hose/hoses under the intake manifold associated with the EGR.

If you're going to replace the glow plug relay, it's easy to check those as well. Cannot recall the exact price of the solenoid, but it's cheap. Recommend OEM.

Lähetetty minun SM-A320FL laitteesta Tapatalkilla

#4 ·
Your Air Mass sensor helps maintain the fuel to air ratio for efficient burning. An error in that will lead to inefficient burning and therefore a fuel consumption problem. So start there. Check your breather, engine air filter, and if possible, have the intake and EGR serviced, and run an injector or full fuel system cleaner through the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.