BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have had my BMW parked up around 13 months now, over the last few weeks i have been repairing it for MOT, last thursday i returned from getting the lights adjusted and a light road test to bed the brakes in, i reversed the car in at an angle and had the wheels turned slightly to the right, i removed the key and the steering locked. when i returned to move it the key would go into the barrel but it was seized in the off position, so after i wiggled the steering a lot but i couldnt manage to get the key to turn at all, i began by removing the canopy for further inspection but could see nothing, i broke the outer casing off the ignition barrel as i couldnt get the key to turn to position 1 to remove the barrel and i could then see the lock that holds the barrel in so i removed it aswell and wiggled the barrel out, when i pulled it the bar that links the barrel to the steering lock came with it, question is how do i keep the steering lock off until i get the bar refitted or do i need a new steering column? Thanks for any help

(I'll learn not to park it up for so long the next time)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts