BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this started happening last week, my bmw between 1-2k revs started feeling like it was going to stall. I thought it was an air leek so the air duct pipes and the disa valve o ring have been replaced, it’s still hesitating though and no real power.

if you put your foot down a bit you can hear air wooshing about in the engine. Is this normal? What else could the hesitation come from and lack of power?

I do have a video but I’m unsure on how to post it through my phone.

·
Registered
858 Posts
DISA valve failed ie. The flap is no longer attached the the shaft. Whip it off it takes 10 mins and have a look, if you continue to drive and it is broken there is a chance (slim, but possible!) that the parts will be ingested and could cause damage.
repair kits are available on the internet, but BMW sell the units at a reasonably inflated price and the salesman told me that the new ones are uprated when I purchased one from my local BMW Dealership! I suspect that is Bullshizer.

Could be something completely different but DISA is simple to check and prone to breaking.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yeah buy OEM please I have bought Vaico one, did not even last 2 years and valve was broken. While my old OEM was still good, but I thought preventive maintenance......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DISA valve failed ie. The flap is no longer attached the the shaft. Whip it off it takes 10 mins and have a look, if you continue to drive and it is broken there is a chance (slim, but possible!) that the parts will be ingested and could cause damage.
repair kits are available on the internet, but BMW sell the units at a reasonably inflated price and the salesman told me that the new ones are uprated when I purchased one from my local BMW Dealership! I suspect that is Bullshizer.

Could be something completely different but DISA is simple to check and prone to breaking.

the flap in the disa valve works, I replaced the o ring on it earlier today.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Have you sprayed brake cleaner around all the engine bay vacuum pipes whilst engine running and especially CCV to see if they are OK, engine will increase revs If there is a split.

put whooshing in the search engine on the forum, some have had whoosing solved by water pump but i have no idea if it has ANYTHING to do with your problem? Have you ever had the CCV and pipes replaced?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any fault codes stored? Surely the whooshing sound indicates there's a vacuum leak somewhere? Valve cover gasket, CCV (as mentioned by @bratty), even O-rings for injectors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any fault codes stored? Surely the whooshing sound indicates there's a vacuum leak somewhere? Valve cover gasket, CCV (as mentioned by @bratty), even O-rings for injectors.

the valve cover gasket was replaced last year, I’m going to look at the injectors and spark plugs today to see if they can tell me something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts