BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum so excuse if I posted the question in wrong place or something... So the problem is when i'm driving my car and floor it from about 1.8-1.9k rpm, doesn't matter which gear ( i don't do that on 1st gear) the turbo spools up fast and starts pulling good for a 2l 100kw diesel, but at about 2.5-2.8k rpm, there is a sudden drop of power. The car doesn't stop accelerating, but it accelerates way slower than in 2k-2.8k rpm range.. From those rpms (2.5-2.8k rpm) car doesn't accelerate any harder as it actually should do (peak power is obviously at higher rpm than 2.8k) but just pulls with the same power. Fuel, air and oil filters are new. If there was a boost leak i suppose it would have less power through the whole rpm range, not just have abrupt loss of power. The engine doesn't smoke at all. Have anyone came across similar problem? I failed to find similar problems on internet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's pre fl 100kw so i'm pretty sure that there are no swirl flaps. At least that's what internet says. Also the mileage is 230k km or ~143k miles

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'd be checking vacuum leaks and airflow leaks, everything from intercooler to engine, checking for cracks etc in the pipework ... Then check fuelling, blow fuel lines through and renew filters etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as I've already mentioned, if there was a boost leak, it wouldn't be such abrupt change, it would just lack power over all rpms. And I have checked for boost leaks but only by feel, i need to do it with soapy water. And about vacuum leaks, all hoses seem to hold vacuum and the turbo variable geometry actuator moves. Though i need to change that actuator's vacuum line because it's so thin in one spot, soon it will have a hole, but it still is airtight. I forgot to mention that the previous owner said that the car had a flash (chip, or how's it called when they update ECU's program for more power) then turbocharger died so turbo was replaced about a year-year and a half ago. And owner said that before the change of turbo, it pulled mad, just like a 3 liter diesel. At least that's what previous owner has said. Turbo looks like stock one, soon i'll be checking the boost pressure, fuel pressure and so on through OBD port. Does anyone know what boost pressure should be or what might be wrong with my car after i added details? Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have you got pictures of it on the exhaust?

My 04 320d never had anything shaped like attached to it

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

from the engine: turbo, catalytic converter, flexible connection, piece of pipe, this dpf in photo, then the big rear muffler. Don't have a pic of full system and can't find online

1 - 10 of 10 Posts