BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've got a E39 that's over heating I've replaced the head gasket water pump auxiliary water pump and thermostat new radiator and cooling fan new cooling fan switch tried bleeding the system various different ways plus the correct procedure and a vacuum refil gauge and she still overheats I am at a loss with it anybody got any suggestions?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you check the head and block for straightness before fitting the head gasket?
What are the symptoms? Do the hoses pressurise?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've solved the problem the head was skimmed and pressure tested everything was done correct but it was still boiling over. After much head scratching and searching around and bleeding the car to no effect.I realized the hose from the back of the head that goes to the auxiliary water pump looked like it had stretched over the outlet which had narrowed it slightly I'd noticed this on strip down but didn't think it was bad enough to cause any problems but I was wrong I cut the stretched end off and refitted it she bled up straight away. Just goes to show not to overlook the smallest of details. thank you for your replies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts