BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again
I was considering installing a custom build subwoofer box in my coupe on the passenger side behind the rear wheel arch so it has a factory look, nothing chavvy and i was wondering has anyone done anything like this before, and if so does it make much of a difference to the acoustics?
The current set up is OE fitment jbls in the front with jbl 6x9's in the parcel shelf using adaptors and a sony xplod headunit, will a sub make a noticeable differnence?
Cheers

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can i get adaptors to fit in place or do i need to make my own brackets?
And will it help if i use some dynmat insulating and is it worthwhile staying with jbl or is there a better speaker make because i could upgrade the rest of the speakers at the same time if there is some?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its all a matter of what you like to hear-JBL are good enough but the choice out there is limitless-and some makes are better at tweeters and others for subs.With Subs generally the bigger the deeper bass you going to get 8" are going to give you quite a punchy bass but they do fit the parcel shelf well-personally I run 1x15" 2x12" 4x6" and 2x1" from an Alpine HU and DLS amplifiers-the sound is phenomenal and crispy clean but as I said its all about preference and definately recommend getting subs as it makes a huge difference for your low levels-you will need to get an amplifier-I found setting my system up fairly easy as the battery is in the boot so not too many cables to run from the HU.Although I am no professional I can say my system is a lot better than stock.I was running a Cerwin Vega 15" but have recently changed it too a carpower sonic 15" which for the money is a phenomenal high power sub and excellent bass-then again its my personal preference.If this is something you want to get into then its limitless and addictive-chech A20RYM setup for a professional good looking setup-mine at the moment looks homebuilt but its the sound I am after I can work on what it looks like later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.