BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people , i think my throttle is sticking anyone tell me how i go about cleaning it when i start my car it revs up then jumps down under 500 ready for staling then jumps back up a tiny bit i tighten the idle under the bonnet to increase revs a bit but it still seems to jump down on start up :confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Sounds like the idle control valve. Remove and clean and if that cures then you know where the fault lies:thumbsup

Any air pipe that is leaking will have similar effects on the running of the car:frown

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I'd second that, clean the idle control valve out and while you are there I would be checking for any air leaks first from split hoses, split vacuum pipes, split engine breather pipes or split induction pipes, also any valves and diaphragms that may have failed. Any air that is sucked into the engine should travel past the Air flow meter otherwise it will give you a running fault

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.