BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i invested in my first bmw about a month ago, and decided to buy the 318ti to start off with, so i tried to find a completely standard one that hasnt been messed around with, i found one..and at a good price, but now the times come to get it lowerd, i was just wondering what springs would you advise?....and how low ? thanks danny

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
buy cheap and you'll regret it!

I have Boge Turbo lowering springs on mine E36 coupled with new Boge M-tech shocks. The Boge springs I got from Linwar Motors 9very hard to source) but only cost £105 delivered! and gave me the least (minimum) drop as I didn't want to lower it by the usual 30-40mm. The ride and handling now is incredible, as comfy as it was before, but with a more taught feel and next no body roll.

The only other springs I can recommend are more costly Eibach which will give you a more firmer ride and possibly a lower drop than the Boge springs.

H&R springs tend to get reasonable reviews and are easy purchased from the likes of Eurocarparts for not much money, but I have never had any first hand experience with H&R.

Stay away from the the muppet stuff Spax etc.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
If you go any lower than 40mm then you will need to invest in shortened dampers:thumbsup

When I had the 1.8 16v engine in my coupe I was using and very impressed with the G-max sports suspension kit that came with shortened dampers as it was a 60mm drop:cool

My ex had 19" wheels and 50mm lowering on her 316i compact and had no issues:thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.