BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 4 e36 coupes, absolutely love them, yesterday someone drove into the side of my latest one.:frown

Which wouldn't annoy me sooo much, but someone has driven into all 4 of my e36's..:confused

It's not like I drive like a knobber and that's why I get hit, one drunk guy undertook me and pulled into the front of my car, 2 guys hit me whilst I was Stationary at a junction and yesterday, again whilst stationary, some nice lady backed straight into me in a car park!

Anyone else found that there e36 is, in fact, invisible?? :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dad had a few e30's, but I remember the 2 that got smashed into, both coupe's and nice cars. An old friend had a nice e36 that had 2 people run into aswell.

I never used to bother with my old e36, but I'm now careful in my parking space selection with the e46, dont want the doors all wrecked!

·
Registered
431 Posts
mine seems to invisible in tescos car park,when numptys open their doors in to it.
Painted all my door trims up and within 2 days someone put a dent in to the door strip so they must of clouted it pretty hard.
Doh! Aren't that what the door strips are for? :sarcastic lol.

Someone opened a door on Immo in Maccy's car park recently, I jumped out all like "that's a traffic accident! I'll need your insurance details!" - but noticed it was plastic door strip on plastic door strip so let the fella go.

My Mrs takes the piss everytime we do a few laps of a car park looking for 3 spaces in a row. lol.

I don't care, I will not squeeze into a space just asking to get door'd, and I will avoid parking next to old bangers that are clearly owned by people who don't care about their doors. Got some kind of performance or luxury car? You'll find me parking next to you, in the hope you care about your door edges as much as i care about my doors.

Although I usually have the littleman in the car, so take full advantage of the extra wide "parent and child" spaces wherever available.

If someone does open a door on my car though, i will be straight round the farm to grab the angle grinder and I'll be back to take their fookin doors OFF!

My Sister was shocked the other day when i asked her to move her car so that I didn't have to drop Immo off of a curb.

I'm such an anal SOB about my car. lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When ever I'm in a private car park like tesco, I take 2 spaces - everytime. I dont care!
I like my doors as they are. There are other spaces available anyway

·
Registered
515 Posts
yup mines invisible to as drivers turn with out indicating pull in without indicating would'nt mind but i drive with my lights on even in day light may be a bit aggressive but in the event of an accident i can always say hmm did'nt see me but my lights are on:confused.
i will find an empty space in a car park only to come back and find its surrounded by lesser cars getting peeved about using scratch remover on the paint work now:frown

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
When ever I'm in a private car park like tesco, I take 2 spaces - everytime. I dont care!
I like my doors as they are. There are other spaces available anyway
ive had shit for this before but i do the same every time. i aprk at the bottom of the the car park loads of space over two spaces.no dints on my doors.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I hate people who park over 2 spaces it winds me up especially when your struggling to find a space it's just ignorant IMO, at work we have a private car park and there is a section for the managers and md, I came to work and found someone from the building next door park in my spot and partly over the one next to it so I parked as close as I could to her car and left it, when she finally came back to her car I had Conveniently gone to lunch so she was sat there for an hour and couldnt get in her car, and if I can fit my car in I would do it to anyone parking over 2 spaces it boils my piss

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
I hate people who park over 2 spaces it winds me up especially when your struggling to find a space it's just ignorant IMO, at work we have a private car park and there is a section for the managers and md, I came to work and found someone from the building next door park in my spot and partly over the one next to it so I parked as close as I could to her car and left it, when she finally came back to her car I had Conveniently gone to lunch so she was sat there for an hour and couldnt get in her car, and if I can fit my car in I would do it to anyone parking over 2 spaces it boils my piss
i dont give a fook im polite in the way i do it,i make sure theres plenty of spaces and always at the bottom of the car park.i do get the odd look of friggin bmw driver but i have more of a look when some twat has parked up against my vehicle or dinted it and fooked off

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Yeah but after you have left your car those spaces may fill up and then you have 2, no one likes parking dents/scratches but unfortunately there is always ignorant people who don't give a shit and will bump your car while opening there door but you parking in 2 spaces makes you no better than them

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Yeah but after you have left your car those spaces may fill up and then you have 2, no one likes parking dents/scratches but unfortunately there is always ignorant people who don't give a shit and will bump your car while opening there door but you parking in 2 spaces makes you no better than them
i know but ignorant people cost us money two spaces in tesco costs nothing thats the way i see it.
in my case i dont drive my m3 more than once a week and live in a village where tesco has never been filled to the max so im not proclaiming to be doing this everytime i park.i park my vans with the savages :hihi:hihi:hihi

·
Registered
724 Posts
I parked in two spaces at Sainsburys a couple of months back (like I sometimes do, at the far end of the car park).

When I came back, I found that someone had so little to do that day that they had taken their time to be so enraged by my blatant theft of Sainsburys car parking capacity that they went to the trouble of writing a strongly worded yellow Post It and attaching it to my rear window :hihi :hihi :hihi

I roared with laughter as I removed it, read it, and then just dropped it on the floor - really hoping that it's Daily Mail reading author was still watching, now disgusted by my lack of care for the environment.

The wife was a little embarrassed, but it's the little things that get you through life :thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
I parked in two spaces at Sainsburys a couple of months back (like I sometimes do, at the far end of the car park.

When I came back, I found that someone had so little to do that day that they had taken their time to be so enraged by my blatant theft of Sainsburys car parking capacity that they went to the trouble of writing a strongly worded yellow Post It and attaching it to my rear window :hihi :hihi :hihi

I roared with laughter as I removed it, read it, and then just dropped it on the floor - really hoping that it's Daily Mail reading author was still watching, now disgusted by my lack of care for the environment.

The wife was a little embarrassed, but it's the little things that get you through life :thumbsup
no dints on your car just an amusing letter. wish you had kept it and posted it up, busy bodys its not like you had driven across there lawn haha.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I know, I sort of regret not keeping it, but I'm sure you understand that it felt good at the time to just drop it :hihi

·
Registered
222 Posts
Lee, I understand what you're saying, but I do it "politely" as Tim put it. I go to the end of the parking lot, where there are always many open spaces. I wouldn't go as close to the entrance as possible and do it. Also, Ive never seen that parking lot that busy that I feel bad for taking 2 spaces. There are many singles free closer to the entrance anyway :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
i dont give a fook im polite in the way i do it,i make sure theres plenty of spaces and always at the bottom of the car park.i do get the odd look of friggin bmw driver but i have more of a look when some twat has parked up against my vehicle or dinted it and fooked off
easy way to piss someone off - ironically you're more likely to have someone leave a calling card scratched into your door.

·
Administrator
4,208 Posts
easy way to piss someone off - ironically you're more likely to have someone leave a calling card scratched into your door.
Agreed. I wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention to my car.

I've had it a few times in busy hotel car parks where there's no spaces due to people using two spaces. I've bought my shed to get dented, if you show that much consideration for others I'll reciprocate.

Ian

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've had that happen to me in a car park. There was nothing I could do but helplessly watch another car run into me.

Driving around looking for a car park space but there is already another car in front of me doing the same. Someone approaches and opens a parked car that we are coming up to, so the guy in front stops and leaves him space to reverse out so that he can then drive into it.

Good, if there is another space available further on I'm now first in line, with another couple of cars also waiting behind me.

In the meantime, an older woman carrying two plastic bags of messages walks between my car and the one in front (both static) to get to her small Peugeot hatchback which is parked immediately next to my drivers door. She then opens the tailgate and puts the bags in the back before opening the drivers door and getting in.

Next thing, the engine starts. Bit premature I think, as she'll have to wait until the que now behind me clears anyway. Then the reversing lights come on..... and the cars starts moving backwards!

Bang!.... both offside door skins knackered. I still can't believe that she wouldn't look before reversing, even if she didn't remmember walking around my bonnet!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've had that happen to me in a car park. There was nothing I could do but helplessly watch another car run into me.

Driving around looking for a car park space but there is already another car in front of me doing the same. Someone approaches and opens a parked car that we are coming up to, so the guy in front stops and leaves him space to reverse out so that he can then drive into it.

Good, if there is another space available further on I'm now first in line, with another couple of cars also waiting behind me.

In the meantime, an older woman carrying two plastic bags of messages walks between my car and the one in front (both static) to get to her small Peugeot hatchback which is parked immediately next to my drivers door. She then opens the tailgate and puts the bags in the back before opening the drivers door and getting in.

Next thing, the engine starts. Bit premature I think, as she'll have to wait until the que now behind me clears anyway. Then the reversing lights come on..... and the cars starts moving backwards!

Bang!.... both offside door skins knackered. I still can't believe that she wouldn't look before reversing, even if she didn't remmember walking around my bonnet!
Almost the same thing that happened to me, Waiting at a give way line for traffic to clear, when the car in a parking space directly to my left just starts up, puts it into reverse, and backs straight into my passenger door!

Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but I usually look where I'm steering a ton and a half of steel. :hihi

1 - 20 of 26 Posts