BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
a freind of mine says driving lights i say foglights. i consider my headlights my driving lights and i'm sure i read somewhere that you can 3 points an a fine for driving with fog lights when visability is over Blah! feet. (blah cus i dont know how many feet)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I'm not sure what the manual says but if you get caught using them as driving lights then the Police will be more than happy to relieve you of some of your hard earned cash:hihi

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm not sure what the manual says but if you get caught using them as driving lights then the Police will be more than happy to relieve you of some of your hard earned cash:hihi
Is that so? Because I see this idiocy ALL THE TIME!!!! You know what I've even seen recently? A few people driving (one a van!!!) with no headlights, no sidelights, but FOG LIGHTS ON!!! :jaw-dropping

How can people be soooo incompetent? Not knowing how to use the most basic ancillary controls on their own car? Bloody depressing stuff.....

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Is that so? Because I see this idiocy ALL THE TIME!!!! You know what I've even seen recently? A few people driving (one a van!!!) with no headlights, no sidelights, but FOG LIGHTS ON!!! :jaw-dropping

How can people be soooo incompetent? Not knowing how to use the most basic ancillary controls on their own car? Bloody depressing stuff.....
This is the fashion now!!!

Idiots who think they are :cool driving with sidelights on + fog lights late at night, even in adverse weathers. Some of the worst offenders are the MPV brigade with beer bellies. Also mundane cars that are just new like the basic new Mondeo :sarcastic

FWIW, I recall years back when I looked at a 99 ish 306 GTI-6 when they were new, they came with 'driving lamps' whihc are different from fog lamps but on the surface appear to be the same thing.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If I was a traffic pig, I'd nick these idiots, left, right and centre. It's pretty much the only way they'll learn. Several times, especially when it's raining, I've nearly pulled out right in front of someone because I don't see their 4W sidelights. It's so bloody dangerous. The filth should concentrate on nicking them rather than speeders. Every time I see them coming towards me, I flash my lights at them to get their attention and then alternate between heads and sides to show them their folly. Very occasionally, they'll get what I'm doing and realise what a tit they are and put their headlights on, but most of the time they don't. Half the time, they don't even appear to have noticed a car coming towards them flashing its lights.

Morons.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
If I was a traffic pig, I'd nick these idiots, left, right and centre. It's pretty much the only way they'll learn. Several times, especially when it's raining, I've nearly pulled out right in front of someone because I don't see their 4W sidelights. It's so bloody dangerous. The filth should concentrate on nicking them rather than speeders. Every time I see them coming towards me, I flash my lights at them to get their attention and then alternate between heads and sides to show them their folly. Very occasionally, they'll get what I'm doing and realise what a tit they are and put their headlights on, but most of the time they don't. Half the time, they don't even appear to have noticed a car coming towards them flashing its lights.

Morons.
I just leave them to it, as I feel they know they are driving with their lights that way deliberately. I also find them to be more abnocious as well with their generall manner and attitude of driving.

At worst I just laugh, its ironic how they think their mundane 1.8 family bus is the pinnacle of motoring :rofl

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I just leave them to it, as I feel they know they are driving with their lights that way deliberately. I also find them to be more abnocious as well with their generall manner and attitude of driving.

At worst I just laugh, its ironic how they think their mundane 1.8 family bus is the pinnacle of motoring :rofl

AFAIK driving with side lights and fog lights is as effective as nitrous, only what I have heard.... unless some one can prove me wrong?

Only works on some cars though, MPV's, Saxo's and Peugeot's for example.

·
Banned
66 Posts
AFAIK driving with side lights and fog lights is as effective as nitrous, only what I have heard.... unless some one can prove me wrong?

Only works on some cars though, MPV's, Saxo's and Peugeot's for example.
:D:D:D:hihi Thats why there cars are so fast :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
They make me laugh Witch full bucket seats roll cage all the other stuff then they lift the bonnet and you see a 900cc fiat cinquecento engine being revved and about to go bang when they hit 70mph in 5th gear at 6k revvs and there faces are like wow f1 speed

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, headlights should be your main lights, and if its foggy or snowy, then foglights are of course acceptable to be on.

From a looks point of view, I can see why some people drive with sidelights and foglights during the day, I used to do this myself, however people using foglights as sidelights as they're lights at night are creating a big risk for themselves and others.

People using foglights as well as headlights at night, particularly on rural roads, are in my opinion a little irresponsible as its quite blinding for oncoming traffic.

Regards to the police - when I used to drive with foglights and sidelights on during the day, I got pulled over by them and told to turn them off, they were ok about it as I was honest but they said technically its a £60 fine.

·
Registered
884 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, headlights should be your main lights, and if its foggy or snowy, then foglights are of course acceptable to be on.

From a looks point of view, I can see why some people drive with sidelights and foglights during the day, I used to do this myself, however people using foglights as sidelights as they're lights at night are creating a big risk for themselves and others.

People using foglights as well as headlights at night, particularly on rural roads, are in my opinion a little irresponsible as its quite blinding for oncoming traffic.

Regards to the police - when I used to drive with foglights and sidelights on during the day, I got pulled over by them and told to turn them off, they were ok about it as I was honest but they said technically its a £60 fine.
Well, you're a reformed character, and that's the main thing.....

Now spread the word!!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Every time I see them coming towards me, I flash my lights at them to get their attention and then alternate between heads and sides to show them their folly.
Did anyone else hear about the "Gang Initiation" a little while back???

Apparently new gang members were told to go out and drive with no lights on and the first car they had flash at them they had to chase down and...................... Well, let's just say is wasn't to say thanks.

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/History/Myths-and-Legends/Question510086.html
:frown

·
Registered
884 Posts

Apparently new gang members were told to go out and drive with no lights on and the first car they had flash at them they had to chase down and...................... Well, let's just say is wasn't to say thanks.

Yeah, I heard about that. I don't believe it though. Besides, if you're getting chased by a group of people in a car, all you need to do is drive to the nearest cop shop and sit outside it with your hand planted on the horn.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts

That sounds fun, as I drive a economical DD(daily driver) that is worth 50p I would select reverse and remodel the front of their car :)

Then drive off with my blue collar tie flapping in the breeze :lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.