BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas...
I purchased a E39 with MK3 Satnav a few weeks back, However on the drive home discovered there`s no sound, radio, CD or Satnav...:mad

After weeks of Scanning the web and various BMW forums...i narrowed it down to the Radio module...

i`v since removed it to see if i can narrow down the problem..i can see evidence of water has entered the unit some how!

I`v clean the internal circuit board using Contact cleaner...without any success...i need to check all the chips to see if any have blown...

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a circuit diagram for the BM24...?
or even someone who can repair the item for me...?
Im in London...any help would really be appreciated...:thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone suggest a replacement unit instead of the BM24 or BM54...i don't think there worth the £250 people want for them...got to be away around this?

·
Registered
880 Posts
There is no alternative, other than ripping out the entire system and going after market.

By far the most likely fault with the BM24 is dry joints, particularly on the larger components and board edge connectors. By the sound of it you know a bit about electronics, so I'd recommend simply re-flowing every joint you can see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply RichardP...

My local electrician was going to do the reflowing as im sh&T with a hot iron...the electrician recommends getting the circuit diagram to check which chips are faulty etc...i dont really know much about electronics...but i know it will help find the problem if i can get him the circuit diagram...

Getting bored of driving with no sounds...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts