BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work this morning I had a little incident that has resulted in my now slightly crumpled E46. Travelling up a dual carriageway at about 7.30am, dark and rainy conditions, and for a split second caught sight of something in the headlights. Unfortunately it was far too quick to do anything about it so it's made a right mess of the front of my car. The traces of blood seem to indicate an animal of some sort but after speaking to the police they told me a dog had been reported loose in the area at the time so more than likely it was that.

Looking at a minimum of a new bonnet, kidney grilles, nearside headlight, trim below headlight and possibly bumper and indicator plus whatever bits and pieces are hidden and I hope to god it hasn't bent anything under the bonnet.....not a happy man!!!:mad

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Did you stop and try to find what you hit?

I would go back in daylight. If you find a dead dog with a collar on and bits of your lights in most people's house insurance covers this kind of thing. However, don't take my word for it.

Additionally, note the date time and who you spoke to and put it safe.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had a similar thing a few weeks back, but thankfully without (as much) damage)

Going along the M8 motorway at slightly above the speed limit :shifty: and i hit *something* it made an almighty bang, when i pulled in i found the arch liner had a rabbit sized hold punched right through the damn thing and one minced rabbit lining the rest of the arch.

Poor git.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hit a black labrador thing in a xr4 years ago but that went under the car, wasnt happy would have killed the b**erd thing if my car hadnt lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you stop and try to find what you hit?

I would go back in daylight. If you find a dead dog with a collar on and bits of your lights in most people's house insurance covers this kind of thing. However, don't take my word for it.

Additionally, note the date time and who you spoke to and put it safe.

Fair point, and half my front number plate jammed up its arse!!!! I'll try and have a look when I get this courtesy car but I wouldn't be surprised if the council have scooped it up by now!!

I've reported it all to the police so they'll ley me know if it's definitely a dog and if they've identified it's owner. Basically if it goes that way it all depends on if it should have been locked up or at home at the time, if so I can make a civil claim.

Had a similar thing happen about ten years ago but that was five sheep instead of one dog and my first E30 325i!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts