BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 530d M touring

I didn't renew the BMW Assist subscription the previous owner specced when it expired in September and now get a "SOS system inactive" warning every time I switch on. There are no other faults and Bluetooth etc work fine.

My local dealer tells me that this is due to my withdrawing from the scheme and can be programmed out - but that it will take an hour and a half - so around £150 - all to stop the car telling me that I haven't paid the sub !

Not only is this annoying, but as the display now constantly shows the fault warning triangle, it could be hiding a real problem.

Anybody else experienced this - and is there a more cost effective solution??

·
Platinum BFuk Member
230 Posts
2007 530d M touring

I didn't renew the BMW Assist subscription the previous owner specced when it expired in September and now get a "SOS system inactive" warning every time I switch on. There are no other faults and Bluetooth etc work fine.

My local dealer tells me that this is due to my withdrawing from the scheme and can be programmed out - but that it will take an hour and a half - so around £150 - all to stop the car telling me that I haven't paid the sub !

Not only is this annoying, but as the display now constantly shows the fault warning triangle, it could be hiding a real problem.

Anybody else experienced this - and is there a more cost effective solution??

lol ... £150 to put it on their pc and tick a box? thats bm's for ya. i bet its bloody cheaper to keep the subscr.

i will nose about and try help

·
Seriously Platinum BFuk Member
135 Posts
I also will have a nose about as I think it is offensive that your fault warning triangle has essentially been deleted and replaced with a subscription reminder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts