BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post a small "How To" on how I got my BMW Advanced Car Eye 1 to get the screen working again. Sorry, there are no pitcures, but it is easy to follow. :) I put it here, in case anyone finds it useful, I searched the internet everywhere, no help.

The problem shows itself in that you are unable to touch the screen, or calibrate it, making the device useless. Very frustrating, and I nearly broke mine. I nearly paid someone on Ebay £60 to do this fix as well!

Tools
You will need a small 1 small paperclip and a USB to SD card reader.

Instructions
Prepare the Car Camera SD Card
1: Turn car igniton completely off
2: take the SD card out of your car camera, and connect it to your PC with the USB to SD card reader.
3: Delete everything from your card, it must be empty. If you need any images, copy these somewhere else.

Download update software
1: Download the update files from, "www.advancedcareye.com" this will download a file, unzip it, whereby it will create a directory called, "BMW Software Pack" In this pack, there will be two directory's, "Camera Software" and, "PC Software".
2: Open the directory called, "Camera Soiftware". Within this directory, there is another directory called, "Firmware Backup Basic Setting". Open this directory up and copy both the files in there. They are called, bf100.sh and bmw_ace_update.bin to your SD card
3:put the SD Card back into your SD Card

Update Car Camera
1:put the SD Card back into your SD Card, and turn the ignition on to the main setting, position 2 with all main lights on, but dont start, (unless you want to)
2: The camera will automatically update itself, this will take about 5 minutes, don't turn the ignition off during this period.
3: Once the care car camera is updated itself, it will reset. You will be presented with a screen to choose the language. Just try and tick the green arrow, the default is in German, and the csalibration will still be off, so you can't select anything else.

Calibrate the screen
1: Once the device is turned on, talking in German, touch the screen to enter the settings.
2: You will need your blunt small paperclip, try and click the calibrate screen button, if it was like mine, I had to click near the cross to select it. It is possible, to select it
3: Once you click the calibration, you will now be able to click the crosses, one in the top left fo the screen, then top right, then bottom. Warning, If you get this wrong, you will have to repeat this entire procedure. I had to do it again.
4: This should now have your device screen calibrated, but the device still talking in German, not a problem, click the factory reset button, then when the device starts up again, you will be ablke to select English :)

If you need any help, or you need the files, please let me know. This has got my camera working again perfectly, and saved myself £59.99 from someone on Ebay to the same thing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought I would post a small "How To" on how I got my BMW Advanced Car Eye 1 to get the screen working again. Sorry, there are no pitcures, but it is easy to follow. :) I put it here, in case anyone finds it useful, I searched the internet everywhere, no help.

The problem shows itself in that you are unable to touch the screen, or calibrate it, making the device useless. Very frustrating, and I nearly broke mine. I nearly paid someone on Ebay £60 to do this fix as well!

Tools

Instructions
2: take the SD card out of your car camera, and connect it to your PC with the USB to SD card reader.
3: Delete everything from your card, it must be empty. If you need any images, copy these somewhere else.

Download update software
1: Download the update files from, "www.advancedcareye.com" this will download a file, unzip it, whereby it will create a directory called, "BMW Software Pack" In this pack, there will be two directory's, "Camera Software" and, "PC Software".
2: Open the directory called, "Camera Soiftware". Within this directory, there is another directory called, "Firmware Backup Basic Setting". Open this directory up and copy both the files in there. They are called, bf100.sh and bmw_ace_update.bin to your SD card

Update Car Camera
1:put the SD Card back into your SD Card, and turn the ignition on to the main setting, position 2 with all main lights on, but dont start, (unless you want to)
2: The camera will automatically update itself, this will take about 5 minutes, don't turn the ignition off during this period.
3: Once the care car camera is updated itself, it will reset. You will be presented with a screen to choose the language. Just try and tick the green arrow, the default is in German, and the csalibration will still be off, so you can't select anything else.

Calibrate the screen
1: Once the device is turned on, talking in German, touch the screen to enter the settings.
2: You will need your blunt small paperclip, try and click the calibrate screen button, if it was like mine, I had to click near the cross to select it. It is possible, to select it
3: Once you click the calibration, you will now be able to click the crosses, one in the top left fo the screen, then top right, then bottom. Warning, If you get this wrong, you will have to repeat this entire procedure. I had to do it again.
4: This should now have your device screen calibrated, but the device still talking in German, not a problem, click the factory reset button, then when the device starts up again, you will be ablke to select English :)

If you need any help, or you need the files, please let me know. This has got my camera working again perfectly, and saved myself £59.99 from someone on Ebay to the same thing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought I would post a small "How To" on how I got my BMW Advanced Car Eye 1 to get the screen working again. Sorry, there are no pitcures, but it is easy to follow. :) I put it here, in case anyone finds it useful, I searched the internet everywhere, no help. The problem shows itself in that you are unable to touch the screen, or calibrate it, making the device useless. Very frustrating, and I nearly broke mine. I nearly paid someone on Ebay £60 to do this fix as well! Tools You will need a small 1 small paperclip and a USB to SD card reader. Instructions Prepare the Car Camera SD Card 1: Turn car igniton completely off 2: take the SD card out of your car camera, and connect it to your PC with the USB to SD card reader. 3: Delete everything from your card, it must be empty. If you need any images, copy these somewhere else. Download update software 1: Download the update files from, "www.advancedcareye.com" this will download a file, unzip it, whereby it will create a directory called, "BMW Software Pack" In this pack, there will be two directory's, "Camera Software" and, "PC Software". 2: Open the directory called, "Camera Soiftware". Within this directory, there is another directory called, "Firmware Backup Basic Setting". Open this directory up and copy both the files in there. They are called, bf100.sh and bmw_ace_update.bin to your SD card 3:put the SD Card back into your SD Card Update Car Camera 1:put the SD Card back into your SD Card, and turn the ignition on to the main setting, position 2 with all main lights on, but dont start, (unless you want to) 2: The camera will automatically update itself, this will take about 5 minutes, don't turn the ignition off during this period. 3: Once the care car camera is updated itself, it will reset. You will be presented with a screen to choose the language. Just try and tick the green arrow, the default is in German, and the csalibration will still be off, so you can't select anything else. Calibrate the screen 1: Once the device is turned on, talking in German, touch the screen to enter the settings. 2: You will need your blunt small paperclip, try and click the calibrate screen button, if it was like mine, I had to click near the cross to select it. It is possible, to select it 3: Once you click the calibration, you will now be able to click the crosses, one in the top left fo the screen, then top right, then bottom. Warning, If you get this wrong, you will have to repeat this entire procedure. I had to do it again. 4: This should now have your device screen calibrated, but the device still talking in German, not a problem, click the factory reset button, then when the device starts up again, you will be ablke to select English :) If you need any help, or you need the files, please let me know. This has got my camera working again perfectly, and saved myself £59.99 from someone on Ebay to the same thing!

Tools

Instructions

Download update software

Update Car Camera

Calibrate the screen

Hello Ash, really appreciate you taking the time to help others. I'm struggling to download the files, but I use an Apple Imac, do I need to find a pc to use? thanks Tina

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Ash, really appreciate you taking the time to help others. I'm struggling to download the files, but I use an Apple Imac, do I need to find a pc to use? thanks Tina
Hi Tina123
Might be if I was you I would try using PC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Tina123
Hi Ash, thanks and will do, and again really appreciate that you took the time to share, as it was driving me mad, so great to get a solution, once I find a pc to borrow! thanks again Tina

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks also. The recalibration has worked enough to be able to use the device but its not 100%.

My car eye was installed in my ex-demo X1 when I bought it at 6 months old. All's been well for 3 years until recently when it said instert SD card - one was in so I bought a new one. I the last 3 years the device has only said 'reformat SD card' every 2 weeks, but now it goes 'beep beep' & then says 'starting recoding' about every minute. I've pulled the power lead as its driving me mad.

How do I return it to its former quiet auto self?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks also. The recalibration has worked enough to be able to use the device but its not 100%.

My car eye was installed in my ex-demo X1 when I bought it at 6 months old. All's been well for 3 years until recently when it said instert SD card - one was in so I bought a new one. I the last 3 years the device has only said 'reformat SD card' every 2 weeks, but now it goes 'beep beep' & then says 'starting recoding' about every minute. I've pulled the power lead as its driving me mad.

How do I return it to its former quiet auto self?
I just turn the volume down in the settings was can only just hear it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got no handbook or manual. I'd like to know what all the symbols mean.
I've currently got a blank screen for the front camera with an image in the top right corner for the rear camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Tina123
Hi Ash, no. 1 daughter helped with a pc and I just updated the memory card and it seems to work ok, without all the steps.... will see what happens when it next tells me to reformat the sd card. thanks again Tina

·
Registered
1 Posts

Tools

Instructions

Download update software

Update Car Camera

Calibrate the screen

I’m so bummed. I installed the files, put the card back in, went though the update and still can’t calibrate. Boo hoo. 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked to a degree. When trying to put my fingers round the rear view mirror, I accidentally touched the screen at the wrong point and there is now no way I can fix this. It's so stupid to design something like this where it does not work if you don't respond to start-up dialogs, where screen calibration isn't built in, and where there is no hard reset button. AND it has a BMW badge in it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This worked to a degree. When trying to put my fingers round the rear view mirror, I accidentally touched the screen at the wrong point and there is now no way I can fix this. It's so stupid to design something like this where it does not work if you don't respond to start-up dialogs, where screen calibration isn't built in, and where there is no hard reset button. AND it has a BMW badge in it!
when you start it up and you get all the different countries up press and hold any of them and it will go straight to screen calibration, calibrate your screen then in the setting change your language.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts