BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear 6 series owners and BMW enthusiasts,

First of all, let me introduce myself as I'm new to the forum. My name is Alex(28 years old) and I'm BMW enthusiast from London, I don't think I need to tell you how excited I'm to own my first ever BMW and what BMW it is - 645Ci, 2004 in my favourite colour - Mystic Blue!

I wanted a luxury sporty coupe as it's just me and my girlfriend, I only drive on the weekends, so don't bother about mpg After extensive research and speaking to various car mechanics, salesmen and other people dealing with cars on a daily basis I've been convinced the BMW 6 fits the bill perfectly, taking into account my budget at a time, so the search has started.

I've spent three months looking for the 6 in my favourite colour combination - Mystic Blue with beige interior and finally found one 300 miles away from London. It had 150K on the clock and with majority BIG problems already sorted, plus it had gearbox, abs, and front seats interior replaced that was a big plus, it's also had just one previous owner and full BMW service history and I've managed to get it fairly cheap - £6K(I found out later why) with an idea of putting some serious money into it to make it my own!

I don't have the pictures of the car when I bought it as I was too excited to start modifying it, but imagine total BMW 645Ci stock, here are some pictures to make up for the lack of imagination:)))

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First of all, I wanted to make sure car is mechanically sound before any mods, so I found via mutual friends some mechanics that only deal with BMW! I have been told that when everyone is helpless those guys come to the stage and deliver. How true they were! I've been to the main dealers and authorised services that told me that the car was fine apart from little gearbox leak that was fixed quickly, but I've heard some noise coming out of front left suspension and saw the drops of the engine oil on the garage floor(I knew that you can't avoid oil leaks with N62 engines, so no surprise here), but few weeks later water started to come out. Non of above main dealers could detect, they just told me the car is in perfect condition:) Apparently there is some staff that you add to the water that blocks leaking for a week or so and that is what previous owner did to just get rid of the car. As if you go to the main dealer, they most often will tell you that you have to replace the aluminium pipe that is distributing water throughout the engine with all the gums, so labour will cost you fortune as you have to take the engine apart. That's only if you get a decent guy inspecting your car! So, I knew that there is no point going to the main dealer again with these two nasty problems, so I went to my guys and guess what, in 30min I had a plan on what, when and how much, plus they have found few other things straight away! Left the car with them for a week and it rolled out like new!

Things sorted

- Water leak from engine (bimmerpipe delivered from USA)
- Driver's side heavy oil leak
- Majority of front suspension arms replaced (that what was making noise, but apparently to the main dealer it's all fine)
- Gearbox leak (oil and storage replaced)
- Serviced with new synthetic Castrol 5w-30 oil and oil filter
- Main belt replaced

So, while the car was away, I already masterminded the plan on what mods I will be doing on a car. Please see next post for it:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then I turned my eyes into the leading BMW bodykit providers to make complete stock car my own, so after extensive research I've decided to do the following

- Full respray same Mystic Blue colour despite my painter bagging for alpine white
- Eibach Pro springs with hunter wheel alignment by AMD Tuning
- Prior Design front bumper with black mesh and black kidney grilles by Autoenhance
- M6 genuine rear bumper (I didn't like any modified ones, so opted for M6 one that I really like!) by Autoenhance
To support the M6 look, I went for
- M6 side skirts
- M6 chrome side vents (will be replacing with black ones)
- M6 style 19" WSP Italy alloys 8.5 offset 16 fronts and 9.5 offset 19 rears with spacers
- M style door lights
Further I decided to add some more spice and did the below
- Custom made quad MStyle exhaust by Autoenhance
- Xenon angel eyes bulbs 8000K upgrade
- LED rear number plate lights
- Callipers painted red with M stickers
- ECU remap by Jason at BWChiptune bringing to roughly 360hp, but most importantly it's a proper sport luxury coupe now thanks to Jason with smooth shifting and no flat spots! What a joy to drive!

Further mods to be implemented by CustomCars and famous Dips that is friend of Brandon (he told me his car spends most part of the year in his garage getting ready for the shows)

- MTech carbon fibre steering wheel
- AC Schnitzer pedals
- Engine cover respray
- Leather reconditioning (front seats respray)
- I want 20" alloy wheels, but it proved to be almost impossible to find something awesome with the right offset, so Dips will keep an eye on ones for me
- Falcon speakers upgrade
- Full body detailing
- Full car tinting (removal of existing old tint and making look nice and even)
- All lights polishing and tinting
- Interior carbon fibre wrapping

Thank you for looking and any comments on what else I can do are welcomed, as it's my first but surely not last BMW tuning experience:)

I look forward to seeing you all at various Meets this year! If anyone fancy meeting me, I will be at Ace cafe this Monday!

Will keep you posted on any updates!

Best regards,
Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two guys(Lithuanians) that own the garage and only do BMWs, have extensive experience. PM me if you need more details.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have to admit that despite not liking the old shape 6 series, I like yours. Love the alloys, great choice, like the colour, it goes well with beige interior ..
might post some interior shots?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts